Low downloadspeed

I'm heading off to bed. Thank you for your help so far. Hopefully you can think of something to solve it...

Are you sure you put the upload and download in the bandwidth setting in the right boxes?

When I woke up this morning, I ran a speedtest just to check my speed again. I didn't toutch anything after I went to bed yesterday, but all of sudden the download speed improved! Ran the test five times in a row and my speeds vary between 126-130Mpbs down and 17-18Mbps up. It's not the 150Mbps I was hoping to get but this is definitely better than 3Mbps  :). If I need more speed in the future I will set it up the Netduma behind my other router. But for now I'll see if this works and the speeds don't drop again.

My 'home location' after I cloned the MAC address yesterday was in Australia and now it's in The Netherlands again (which is right). So that changed too for some reason. 

@A7Legit Thank you for your help. I was going to try your suggestion, after the speedtest. I did power off the device yesterday for a minute or so, maybe that was to short...

@mazdamiata210 Yes I've put the upload and download in the right boxes.

When I woke up this morning, I ran a speedtest just to check my speed again. I didn't toutch anything after I went to bed yesterday, but all of sudden the download speed improved! Ran the test five times in a row and my speeds vary between 126-130Mpbs down and 17-18Mbps up. It's not the 150Mbps I was hoping to get but this is definitely better than 3Mbps  :). If I need more speed in the future I will set it up the Netduma behind my other router. But for now I'll see if this works and the speeds don't drop again.

My 'home location' after I cloned the MAC address yesterday was in Australia and now it's in The Netherlands again (which is right). So that changed too for some reason. 

@A7Legit Thank you for your help. I was going to try your suggestion, after the speedtest. I did power off the device yesterday for a minute or so, maybe that was to short...

@mazdamiata210 Yes I've put the upload and download in the right boxes.

Well thats a marked improvement. Have you disabled deep packet inspection in the settings tab? With that disabled you should get up to 150/160 download. But only disable it if you are not gaming on PC and looking to make use of the enhanced statistics available with host analysis.

Also as a thought, I wonder if the trace when connected via Netduma was going somewhere weird. That kind of drop in speed is like the speedtest server was miles away and the associated drop off in the results. Only musing but glad it has gone away :)

Well thats a marked improvement. Have you disabled deep packet inspection in the settings tab? With that disabled you should get up to 150/160 download. But only disable it if you are not gaming on PC and looking to make use of the enhanced statistics available with host analysis.

Yes I've disabled deep packet inspection. I only play Planetside 2 and sometimes Battlefield 3/4 on my PC. So I don't need host analysis. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Pikerboy,

I actually disabled IPv6 on your router. I think that was the cause, if you're available tonight I'd like to confirm by re-enabling and trying the test again.  This IPv6 has been the bane of my life recently.

In the newest version coming out soon you can toggle IPv6 :)

Sounds like you have everything as it should be to get up to the max speed. 

The variances in speedtest results and servers for testing could account for the missing 20mbps. Iain will be along shortly as I'm sure he will want to check to see all working and maybe he will have an idea for the extra mbps! :)

Edit: Iain ninja'd me :)

Hi Pikerboy,

I actually disabled IPv6 on your router. I think that was the cause, if you're available tonight I'd like to confirm by re-enabling and trying the test again.  This IPv6 has been the bane of my life recently.

In the newest version coming out soon you can toggle IPv6 :)

Okay, I did thought it was strange that my speeds went up without changing anything  :)  Yes, I'm probably around tonight. Actually I'm working from home today, so I can run some tests during the day. Response time might be a bit slower though. I was hoping to experience the "Duma smoothness", which I heard a lot of, tonight  ;)

Archived