Low downloadspeed

Hello,

I received my new router today in the mail. My internetspeed is 180/18 Mbit/s. I swapped my old router for the Netduma. So my setup is modem > R1 (because I don't do a lot of things that require maximum speeds).  After I swapped the router following the quick start guide, I upgraded the firmware to 1.02.6, I unticked 'Enable deep packet processing' and use the reactive algorithm. Didn't change other settings.

After running a speedtest on my wired PC, my downloadspeed is around 2 Mbps and upload around 14 Mbps. Maybe I overlooked something or did something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Pikerboy, Thanks for purchasing the router :)

It sounds to me like you haven't set your bandwidth on the router. On the top of the congestion control page, please click "Set Bandwidth", in there input 180/18 and click update. Then rerun the tests please 

Thank you for the quick answer. I did set my bandwith to 180/18. I just switched to my old router again to see what speeds I'm getting there. Those are good, I'll switch to the Netduma again to check my bandwith settings again.

I switched back to the Netduma and the bandwith was set to 180/18. My speedtestresult was 7/16  :(

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi mate, just saw this by chance. Please don't use the edit feature as I don't get notified that you posed :)

can you make sure that the anti-flood is set to 100% please, and also make sure share_excess is enabled and you have "reset distribution" then try again please :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

This is so strange, can you take a screenshot of your entire congestion control page please. If it requires multiple images please do so 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Can you try a different ethernet cable please, I know you said it worked with the other router. But please try if you can :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok can you try again please. If its still low can you take a screenshot of your "Network Monitor" please after the graphs has gone across the entire way.

Guest Netduma_Iain

This is really strange to say the least, can you set your bandwidth to say 100/10 and try again. I can't see anything different that you're doing

Guest Netduma_Iain

ok for some reason the modem is throttling the netduma. Can you go on the other router you've tested and see what its MAC address is please.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok cool can you go to "Settings > WAN" and enable MAC and put that in there please. Then restart the modem and the netduma please :)

Archived