Bufferbloat significantly higher with QoS ON vs off (XR1000)

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I know it may seem like a silly question but I just had someone who had issues due to it being incorrectly plugged in, also the fact the device isn't showing on LAN on the Device Manager is an indicator as well so just had to check! What is the IP the PC is getting and what is an IP for one of the wireless devices? 

Ah, I found my computer but it is on an "Offline" arm. It doesn't have an IP address but the mac address matches.

image_2023-03-12_183238572.png

2 hours ago, Tash1 said:

Ah, I found my computer but it is on an "Offline" arm. It doesn't have an IP address but the mac address matches.

image_2023-03-12_183238572.png

It has happened to me in the past and I guess I did fix it either by restarting my PC or the router. Try either one of them.

32 minutes ago, Eefo said:

It has happened to me in the past and I guess I did fix it either by restarting my PC or the router. Try either one of them.

I did both at the same time and sure enough it's showing up again, not sure why I didn't try that in the first place lol. Thanks!!

12 hours ago, Tash1 said:

Okay!!!

Well this has been very exciting.

I had to get the download slider all way down to between 15-20 but my results are great now. Upload slider doesn't seem to make any difference it's always 0-10ms

image_2023-03-12_111826732.png.ba4b9d6c6b98ffd67a8e84f3d9b9238d.png

image_2023-03-12_112014153.thumb.png.48b0100b4510da64602175ce8c9ab00b.png

My problem is solved but if someone wouldn't mind explaining why in the world the Download slider has to be so low for the results to be good, I would appreciate it to help my own understanding.

It’s because it’s a simulated test and not accurate and relies on servers that you can’t control. With PingPlotter try it where you try to put as much load on your connection. You should never need such a large drop which should ring alarm bells. 
Try it with QoS on and Off and at different throughput settings. Look at the round trip and the hops plus graph. 

8 hours ago, Newfie said:

It’s because it’s a simulated test and not accurate and relies on servers that you can’t control. With PingPlotter try it where you try to put as much load on your connection. You should never need such a large drop which should ring alarm bells. 
Try it with QoS on and Off and at different throughput settings. Look at the round trip and the hops plus graph. 

At this point I know the winning combination to show if people question my connection but I don't think it will come up unless they have a bad connection and I have to call them out. Appreciate all the help, at this point I'm not really worried about it anymore but I appreciate all the information and I understand this a little more than I did before.

1 hour ago, Tash1 said:

At this point I know the winning combination to show if people question my connection but I don't think it will come up unless they have a bad connection and I have to call them out. Appreciate all the help, at this point I'm not really worried about it anymore but I appreciate all the information and I understand this a little more than I did before.

Good luck in the tournament 👍let us know how you get.