feedback from those using vpn

gamerukali

Hi i was thinking to get vpn mainly to use on warzone, im on the ps5.

I wanted feedback from the community who are using vpn for Mw2

How are you finding vpn does it help ?

Do u get less sweaty lobbies ?

Any information feedback would help decide if i should get vpn or not

On 2/27/2023 at 8:21 AM, gamerukali said:

Using a VPN does not necessarily make the lobbies easier in Warzone or any other game that uses Skill-Based Matchmaking (SBMM). It is a common misunderstanding that using a VPN can bypass SBMM. In reality, SBMM is still active even if you are using a VPN.

However, it is true that using a VPN can create a network condition that results in high latency, making the game unplayable. When the latency is too high, the game will prioritize finding the best server available to optimize the poor connection. This often leads to being placed in a random lobby that is more likely to have lower-skilled players since the majority of players in the game are casual players.

It's important to note that in order to create this network condition, you must connect to a VPN server that provides more than 180ms of latency. But even if you manage to achieve this, you will likely have to deal with phantom bullets and other issues that come with high latency.

In summary, using a VPN may not necessarily make the lobbies easier in Warzone or any other game that uses SBMM. Instead, it can create a poor network condition that will make the game unplayable, and even if you do manage to achieve that condition, it's unlikely to be an enjoyable gaming experience due to the high latency and other issues

On 2/27/2023 at 1:21 PM, gamerukali said:

I was in this exact situation a while ago during Caldera, I bought an XR500 and already had a VPN subscription with Express. 

in my experience, the VPN experience that you see with the big streamers who play on PC does not reflect the experience you get on console. The reason for this I believe is there are websites out there such as No Lag VPN or SBMMOFF which they state is only compatible with PC.

What I do find in some games whilst using the VPN is that you find games much quicker, so essentially what this shows is that the VPN is scrambling SBMM and putting you into the first server that comes available.

Final thing is that if I was in a game that felt like a ‘bot lobby’, there would normally be 1 or 2 other teams that were major sweats!

My advice is manage your expectations and don’t expect to set everything up and be in bot lobbies all the time, it just doesn’t happen.