Internet connection sharing...

iAmMoDBoX

Instead of stressing my R1 with my IP camera that puts out 3 tb of data per month which has killed a few routers over the last 3 years I decided to run 2 networks. For my whole house to use I have modem>R1>AC router set as an access point and everything connects to both devices either wired or wireless. That is working great.

Now I just added another nic to my PC and I plugged in my WRT54GL (it's the only router that has been able to hold up against 3tb of traffic per month) running Tomato fw which then connects wirelessly to my IP camera. That is also working at the moment, so my NVR software on my PC can see the camera and record from it.

The problem I'm having is accessing the camera from any other device besides my PC. Does anybody know of any way that I can share my PC's internet connection to the 2nd network so that if needed I can view the camera through the internet on my phone when I'm not infront of the PC? I hope I explained this right so everyone can understand the setup.

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of stressing my R1 with my IP camera that puts out 3 tb of data per month which has killed a few routers over the last 3 years I decided to run 2 networks. For my whole house to use I have modem>R1>AC router set as an access point and everything connects to both devices either wired or wireless. That is working great.

Now I just added another nic to my PC and I plugged in my WRT54GL (it's the only router that has been able to hold up against 3tb of traffic per month) running Tomato fw which then connects wirelessly to my IP camera. That is also working at the moment, so my NVR software on my PC can see the camera and record from it.

The problem I'm having is accessing the camera from any other device besides my PC. Does anybody know of any way that I can share my PC's internet connection to the 2nd network so that if needed I can view the camera through the internet on my phone when I'm not infront of the PC? I hope I explained this right so everyone can understand the setup.

that would solve all your problems. I currently have a prsense box :) intel® Atom CPU C2758 @ 2.41GHz

8 CPUs: 1 package(s) x 8 core(s) 16g ecc ram.

i'd recommend getting pfSense and using that as the main router so you can subnet off the CCTV from the rest of the house

that would solve all your problems. I currently have a prsense box :) intel® Atom CPU C2758 @ 2.41GHz

8 CPUs: 1 package(s) x 8 core(s) 16g ecc ram.

Somehow I managed to use Windows 7's ICS and it works.

Archived