More "Noob" questions...

DARK BAWGS

Forgive me but I can't seem to locate answers to the following questions (yes looked in FAQ, Forums & Help), so here goes:

• Strict - on the GeoFilter page what does this "button" do?  I suspect it locks out servers/players outside the filtered area???
  • Sliders - I live alone and the only other stuff on my system would be my iPad and iPhone which are pretty much dormant.  I also have my laptop set up beside me which os wireless.  My Xbox is wireless.  Do I need to adjust the sliders or should I leave them at 100%?
  • Blocking - How do I block hosts, servers or players.

If someone can point me to the best place to get answers that would be great as I would not only get the answer but learn how to find answers easier in the future and avoid being such a PITA...

Thanks everyone

DARK BAWGS

PS: I am planning on changing my set up and moving my Xbox so I can wire it and want to buy a new monitor specifically for gaming (currently use a 50" Plasma TV - can anyone suggest monitors?  I am willing to spend between $400 and $500; since I lost my wife I spend a lot more time on this past time.

• Administrators

If you go on the wiki and type what you want to find for example "strict" you can find what you want to know most of the time, for example this page comes up http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=gf_getting_started&s[]=strict#what_is_strict_modefor telling you what strict mode is. The user guide on the wiki has lots more information, the FAQ is more for issues rather than what does this do etc.

Instead of linking everything though, if you're the only one using devices you may not need to use the anti-flood sliders but if for example you're watching YouTube on your laptop etc it may be worth putting them down to 70% but this is something you can experiment with. 

You can block a host by clicking on the circle on the map, rating it a low percentage for blocking or a high percentage for allowing and then clicking update will put it down below in the Deny & Allow. The red and green curtains cover whats blocked or allowed. If there is no update button that is a dedicated server that we don't allow you to block as it can ruin your gaming experience.

There is a discussion here about monitors that may be worth a look http://forum.netduma.com/topic/2673-benq-rl2755hm-gaming-monitor/ :) Sorry to hear about your wife man, much love

HI Dark - If you are looking for a gaming monitor exclusively, meaning you don't plan on it doing much more than gaming and maybe a little net surfing, I think you will find most people recommend BenQ and ASUS.

I personally have the BenQ and have found it to be an awesome monitor.  Almost zero input lag, there is always a little something there but it's in the hundreds of milliseconds I am sure, and I noticed an immediate improvement in my head to head gunfights.  That is, I was winning a lot more of them as I was reacting quicker than when I was watching the game on my Vizio TV.

Both companies are rated well, and have units within the price range you mentioned, but if you have further questions I know the young guns will be along quickly to throw in their recommendations as well.

Cheers and good luck!

JD

Archived