Open NAT type on COD AW?

Theoneyahate

On my xbox one cod AW i cant get an open NAT type. The upnp feature on the netduma does not work, it tells me if that is the case then i need to go into my modem and turn off DMZ which leaves my internet open for attacks, does the netduma protect from internet attacks or do i need to buy a vpn to work with the netduma to protect my internet because i compete on cod so it is very important that i cant get ddosed.

• Netduma Staff

Welcome to the forum Theoneyahate,

You need to put the Netduma in your modem's DMZ (instructions here). The Netduma has a standard Linux firewall that will protect your devices. It won't protect you from DDOS though, neither will your other router, that isn't really possible. Only a VPN can do that (by hiding your IP) but this will add latency to the game if you run your console through it :)

• Netduma Staff

Does this firewall that the netduma has stop people from obtaining my ip address when we get into lobbies with eachother on the xbox one? 

No, I don't believe it is possible for any router to do that without using a VPN.

• Administrators

If you want to protect yourself I would recommend finding a gaming VPN and choosing a server thats very close to your actual location, this would limit as much as possible the added latency gained when using a VPN.

Archived