Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on XB1 bandwidth issues pls help

yhsuP

Hello! On Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on the XB1, when I am at the multiplayer main menu and I click "start" > "Console Info" > look at the value for "Bandwidth" in kbps, I see a value of just 600kbps. My connection is good, and I have network stats of 120 download and 12 upload. On congestion control on my Netduma, I have my Xbox One prioritized to receive 90% of the upload bandwidth, and my sliders are set to 100% and I play wired. Why is so little of my bandwidth being allocated to Call of Duty? Is the bandwidth given under "console info" correlate to the strength of your connection? What settings must I change to increase my CoD bandwidth? Please help!

Also, which is more beneficial to game on, a low or high bandwidth? I've heard this game uses lag compensation, so a low bandwidth is good. However, others have told me that a high bandwidth is better because it reduces lag? Please help.

• Netduma Staff

Don't worry about what it says there - it is very inaccurate. If you follow these instructions to get maximum bandwidth through the Netduma, then it should be fine :)

Games use very little bandwidth so as long as you have over 1mb it will be fine. Ping is most important though so if you have a low ping, that is what matters.

Also I would take with a pinch of salt all the "information" that is out here on the web about lag compensation and throttling your connection.

Seriously make sure you are playing on a wired connection with the good bandwidth and you will give yourself the best experience you can.

Archived