Moderated NAT even with the Netduma in the DMZ

juanjux

Hi!

These four days with my router have been awesome, perfectly good matches most of the time, but I've a small problem, COD AW shows my NAT when in multiplayer as "Moderated". I've my provider modem (Movistar 100/10 fiber) connected to an Asus RT16 router with Tomato firmware, and the Netduma is connected to the Asus. The Netduma has a static IP assignated on the Asus (192.168.1.4) and the DMZ in the Asus is set to that IP. I've also opened the AW ports manually in the Netduma to my PS4 IP (3478-3480 and 1935, TCP and UDP). All devices on my house are connected to the Netduma via cable or WIFI (the PS4 is wired), the only device connected to the Asus is the Netduma.

I've tried to disable geo-filtering while starting my PS4 and connecting to AW multiplayer, but it still shows the NAT as moderated. I've friends that also have moderated NAT so they can't connect to me and benefit from the router together.

What could be the problem? I'm tech savvy (programmer) so I could help debug things if you tell me how.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Really glad you're enjoying it, fellow techy!

Ok so you've tried everything, my only guess is you still have UPnP enabled. It's not a good idea to have UPnP and port forward. Since you want to port forward I'd recommend you disable UPnP "Settings > UPnP". Then reboot the router and see if its open with the geo-filter disabled :)

hi I had the same problem with the moderate

Nat . I deleted the port forwarding unchecked the upnp pulled the Ethernet re plugged the Ethernet switched everything of and on and re checked the upnp . You can gather I am not that technical and not sure which of these did the trick but it worked

If I turn on both routers at the same time (no DMZ) i get an open nat if I turn on the duma first then my billion second I get moderate , so both together does the trick :)

Thanks people, when I get home I'll try to disable upnp and reboot the router when I get home, if that doesn't work I'll try BL4CK solution of enabling upnp and disabling the port forwarding. I'll also try to remove the router from the DMZ and let upnp does it work with both routers.

I fixed the problem and now I've a beautifully open NAT. The problem was in the meaty part of the system (ME), I forgot to remove the port forwarding that I had configured for COD games on the Asus router, so the Netduma wasn't getting anything from those ports. Once I deleted all forwards from the Asus I got an open NAT.

I fixed the problem and now I've a beautifully open NAT. The problem was in the meaty part of the system (ME), I forgot to remove the port forwarding that I had configured for COD games on the Asus router, so the Netduma wasn't getting anything from those ports. Once I deleted all forwards from the Asus I got an open NAT.

I Also had this issue and should be something instructed to new users who may have already forwarded said ports to consoles/devices.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi juanjux,

Really sorry to do this but as you speak Spanish and you're a technical person. Can you please help one of our customers when you have time. He is also Spanish and we are finding it difficult trying to resolve his issue.

Thank-you,

Iain

Archived