Congestion Control on FiOS

I know I'll be beating the dead horse on this, but it appears that regardless of what values i set my bandwidth to/cap my bandwidths, CoD AW is still unplayable for me. I must say this router is thoroughly impressive in its ease of use, and features that would otherwise require a fairly high amount of networking knowledge. However, it does not solve the infamous lag compensation issue in CoD (not the fault of Netduma). BF4, Destiny, etc, etc do not cause the level of frustration that the CoD titles of late have produced. My question, now, is whether there is anything that can be implemented to reduce the effects of lag comp. I don't want to give up on a title that has been my bread and butter for almost 10 years now, until I know that all possible options have been exhausted. And since my search for an answer began during MW3's tenure, I have yet to find a cure all to this problem. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

I know I'll be beating the dead horse on this, but it appears that regardless of what values i set my bandwidth to/cap my bandwidths, CoD AW is still unplayable for me. I must say this router is thoroughly impressive in its ease of use, and features that would otherwise require a fairly high amount of networking knowledge. However, it does not solve the infamous lag compensation issue in CoD (not the fault of Netduma). BF4, Destiny, etc, etc do not cause the level of frustration that the CoD titles of late have produced. My question, now, is whether there is anything that can be implemented to reduce the effects of lag comp. I don't want to give up on a title that has been my bread and butter for almost 10 years now, until I know that all possible options have been exhausted. And since my search for an answer began during MW3's tenure, I have yet to find a cure all to this problem. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

So I'll answer this purely theoretically...

They could return false ping packet returns to the server, as well as locking download when speed requests are send and then unblocking it.  This would be falsifying data, since netduma is just an honest and they work with game producing companies...for these reasons I don't think they would do any of the things I listed.

So I'll answer this purely theoretically...

They could return false ping packet returns to the server, as well as locking download when speed requests are send and then unblocking it.  This would be falsifying data, since netduma is just an honest and they work with game producing companies...for these reasons I don't think they would do any of the things I listed.

So you are pretty much saying there is nothing that can be done (legally, ethically, whatever). It's a shame that I went from Top 100 to not being able to win a gunfight anymore. I know I'm not the only one that has this problem either.

So you are pretty much saying there is nothing that can be done (legally, ethically, whatever). It's a shame that I went from Top 100 to not being able to win a gunfight anymore. I know I'm not the only one that has this problem either.

I definitely don't disagree and i don't speak for netduma, so they might disagree with my statement.

I do know there is another product that didn't have geo-filter but did what I mentioned above, it is called l*gb*ster.  But it has highly mixed reviews

I definitely don't disagree and i don't speak for netduma, so they might disagree with my statement.

I do know there is another product that didn't have geo-filter but did what I mentioned above, it is called l*gb*ster.  But it has highly mixed reviews

I not only have the l*gb*ster, but I was a tester for them. The problem with the l*gb*ster was that the added latency by the CoD client was so high that if you tried to counter it using the l*gb*ster interface you would be booted from the game. Quite a paradox since you could either play with an unplayable amount of lag, or attempt to fix it and literally rendering it unplayable. I think we can all understand why Activision is forcing their devs to utilize the added latency approach, but in doing so, doesn't it make them unethical.

I not only have the l*gb*ster, but I was a tester for them. The problem with the l*gb*ster was that the added latency by the CoD client was so high that if you tried to counter it using the l*gb*ster interface you would be booted from the game. Quite a paradox since you could either play with an unplayable amount of lag, or attempt to fix it and literally rendering it unplayable. I think we can all understand why Activision is forcing their devs to utilize the added latency approach, but in doing so, doesn't it make them unethical.

i don't disagree :)

Just out of curiosity, do you play this game, and if so how is gameplay for you?

I do play AW! :) it's been great lately, especially with the duma.

The only issue is still the lag compensation issue, to solve it i just fire before i see people and even when i don't think i'll hit them

I do play AW! :) it's been great lately, especially with the duma.

The only issue is still the lag compensation issue, to solve it i just fire before i see people and even when i don't think i'll hit them

Lol yeah same here. The geo-filter certainly helps, and is a great feature. But the lag comp has gone from bad-BLOPS2 to worse-Ghosts to utterly ridiculous-AW

Lol yeah same here. The geo-filter certainly helps, and is a great feature. But the lag comp has gone from bad-BLOPS2 to worse-Ghosts to utterly ridiculous-AW

+1

although ghosts wasnt that bad for me.

I mentioned on another lobby that I still dumb down my connection to try and counter the lag comp with some success . I have 80/20 connection and run at 25% and 10% on congestion conttol or threre abouts . When i first got the Duma I had 70% up and down but o believe the lower % works better for me

Either way there is a big diff with the Duma

Archived