r1 static ip in night hawk router

Hi i just received an installed the r1 no problems. I have the r1 connected to my NETGEAR Nighthawk just so I have faster wifi speeds etc just wondering how do I make the r1 a static up so I can put the r1 in the dmz on the nighthawk many thanks

Hi i just received an installed the r1 no problems. I have the r1 connected to my NETGEAR Nighthawk just so I have faster wifi speeds etc just wondering how do I make the r1 a static up so I can put the r1 in the dmz on the nighthawk many thanks

Is your download speed higher than the r1's max download?

If not it would make more sense to do

Modem <-> r1 <-> r7000

This would give you all the features of the r1. And you'll have the wifi on your nighthawk, also all devices will be on the same network instead of 2

My Internet speed 100Mbps download and 40Mbps upload with my night hawk I achieve 99 download and 37 up then when I connected the r1 straight to the isp hub I only got 60 download and 28 upload I did the speed test 5 times each and that's what it averaged out and the ping was 5 ms for both r1 and nighthawk

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Rusty you need to choose the "reactive" algorithm in the anti-flood section. Also on "Settings > Misc" can you disable deep packet inspection please. You should than go above your connection speed :)

Hi Rusty you need to choose the "reactive" algorithm in the anti-flood section. Also on "Settings > Misc" can you disable deep packet inspection please. You should than go above your connection speed :)

In settings i dont have misc there is only wifi, portforward, upnp, dhcp,dhcp lease, my version is 1.02.2 do i need to upgrade to get that function

Guest Netduma_Iain

Yes you do, but before you upgrade. I'd hold off till we get the new beta feature out. The reactive algorithm is enough to take you to 100mbits :)

Yes you do, but before you upgrade. I'd hold off till we get the new beta feature out. The reactive algorithm is enough to take you to 100mbits :)

i can send u a screen shot of the settings tab it does not show "misc" im sorry to bug you but is there another way for me to disable deep packet inspection

Guest Netduma_Iain

No problem at all Rusty, I understand you cant see it at the moment, you don't need to disable deep packet inspection. You can achieve 100 without it :) 

No problem at all Rusty, I understand you cant see it at the moment, you don't need to disable deep packet inspection. You can achieve 100 without it :)

ok no worries i just watched a few videos people have posted and have come to the conclusion that option is on the admin mode only?

the current version 1.02.6 is about to be out of date...

you can get it at netduma.com/upgrade

I recommend you wait but once we have that applied we can move the the setup i recommended above.

try to see if you can *reserve the dhcp address of r1 in the r7000

*naming is different from different routers

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24091/~/how-do-i-reserve-an-ip-address-on-my-nighthawk-router%3F

To reserve an IP address:

1. Launch an Internet browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the network.
  2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.

A login screen displays.

3. Enter the router user name and password.

The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.

The BASIC Home screen displays.

4. Select ADVANCED > Setup > LAN Setup.
  5. In the Address Reservation section of the screen, click the Add button.
  6. In the IP Address field, type the IP address to assign to the computer or server.

Choose an IP address from the router's LAN subnet, such as 192.168.1.x.

7. Type the MAC address of the computer or server.

Tip: If the computer is already on your network, you can copy its MAC address from the Attached Devices screen and paste it here.

8. Click the Apply button.

The reserved address is entered into the table.

The reserved address is not assigned until the next time the computer contacts the router's DHCP server. Reboot the computer, or access its IP configuration and force a DHCP release and renew.

unless you installed dd-wrt on your R7000 in which case it will be different, let me know if this is the case.  If you don't know what the previous sentence means...please ignore it.

Archived