5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?

Anther disconnect whilst on EAFC onlien match, 2 family members also on Fall Guys and got disconnected from their game

Considering putting the thing in the bin

[Admin login] from source 192.168.1.4, Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:29:47
[UPnP set event: Public_UPNP_C3] from source 192.168.1.25, Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:29:17
[DoS attack: Fraggle Attack] from source UNKNOWN,port 443 Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:29:03
[DoS attack: RST Scan] from source 92.123.142.137,port 443 Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:28:47
[Time synchronized with NTP server] Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:28:39
[Internet connected] IP address: 143.159.224.254, Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:28:38
[Internet disconnected] Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:28:29
[Internet idle-timeout] Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:28:29
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.35)] to MAC address 48:43:DD:C4:E5:8B, Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:28:26
[DoS attack: Fraggle Attack] from source UNKNOWN,port 443 Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:19:28

• Administrators

There isn't anything there other than the Fraggle attack which is a bit strange that I can see that would have caused it but just in case. In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 4 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There isn't anything there other than the Fraggle attack which is a bit strange that I can see that would have caused it but just in case. In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 4 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

Unfortunately, I was sick of resetting up reserved addresses so for the two main devices, my NAS and my PS5, I just gave static addresses on the devices, so DHCP shouldn't affect them or cause disconnects?

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, andybtsn said:

Unfortunately, I was sick of resetting up reserved addresses so for the two main devices, my NAS and my PS5, I just gave static addresses on the devices, so DHCP shouldn't affect them or cause disconnects?

Correct, make sure they're outside the DHCP range though to be sure

26 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Correct, make sure they're outside the DHCP range though to be sure

I have done that; I just cannot see how 2 PS5s and 1 PS4, all disconnected at the same time this afternoon, will be caused by DHCP. How will this help prevent that? It's doing it more and more often and only noticeable when I'm in an online game, so god knows how much it could actually be happening.

QOS is the only setting I adjust from default..

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, andybtsn said:

I have done that; I just cannot see how 2 PS5s and 1 PS4, all disconnected at the same time this afternoon, will be caused by DHCP. How will this help prevent that? It's doing it more and more often and only noticeable when I'm in an online game, so god knows how much it could actually be happening.

QOS is the only setting I adjust from default..

When the DHCP lease changes devices would get new IP addresses which would cause a disconnect

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

When the DHCP lease changes devices would get new IP addresses which would cause a disconnect

Yeah I get that, so I have to reserve an IP for every device that I don't want disconnecting from the internet....??

• Administrators
1 hour ago, andybtsn said:

Yeah I get that, so I have to reserve an IP for every device that I don't want disconnecting from the internet....??

If that is the problem then yes, alternatively, if devices regain their connection which they should you could reboot the router at a time it wouldn't affect anyone and then the DHCP lease time would count down from there so should just happen when no one is using the internet

Whilst playing Warzone it occured again tonight

Could this DoS attack be anything to do with it? Notice internet disconnected/connected again

[Admin login] from source 192.168.1.102, Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 22:04:42
[Time synchronized with NTP server] Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 22:04:25
[Internet connected] IP address: 143.159.224.184, Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 22:04:25
[Internet disconnected] Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 22:04:14
[Internet idle-timeout] Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 22:04:14
[DoS attack: RST Scan] from source 95.100.104.92,port 443 Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 22:03:02
[DoS attack: Fraggle Attack] from source UNKNOWN,port 443 Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 21:59:57
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.82)] to MAC address FA:A9:A1:BF:09:4C, Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 21:57:10

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Maybe, it is the entry prior to the disconnect, if you play direct on your modem do you get the same issues if you try it for a few days?

I can try a different router, worried that this won't happen again, though and the £250 spent on this XR1000 only a couple of years back will be a complete waste of money :(

The fraggle attacks look like a false positive, apparently happens on all netgears and people just disable the notification

• Administrators
On 1/10/2024 at 9:20 AM, andybtsn said:

I can try a different router, worried that this won't happen again, though and the £250 spent on this XR1000 only a couple of years back will be a complete waste of money :(

The fraggle attacks look like a false positive, apparently happens on all netgears and people just disable the notification

They are usually false positives yes but I've not seen one from a source unknown and also prior to a disconnect with no other entries, it's worth a try at least. 

Happened again so just posting for own sanity, and if you see anything (havent plugged 'new' router in)

[DoS attack: RST Scan] from source 92.123.142.115,port 443 Thursday, Jan 11,2024 15:09:48
[Time synchronized with NTP server] Thursday, Jan 11,2024 15:09:24
[Internet connected] IP address: 143.159.224.133, Thursday, Jan 11,2024 15:09:24
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.86)] to MAC address 76:9F:0E:5F:D4:81, Thursday, Jan 11,2024 15:09:14
[Internet disconnected] Thursday, Jan 11,2024 15:09:11
[Internet idle-timeout] Thursday, Jan 11,2024 15:09:11
[UPnP set event: Public_UPNP_C3] from source 192.168.1.25, Thursday, Jan 11,2024 15:09:08
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.122)] to MAC ad

Had the 10 year old tplink router/modem in since fri. Not one disconnect but woeful qos. 

going to replace the external modem I use with the netgear just for my own sanity but everything pointing to the software of the xr1000 at the mo. Argh

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes it is almost certainly the issue I mentioned, did you reserve IPs for all your devices connected

Not yet, we are a family of 6, all gamers, consoles, tablets and such, so it's not a case of a couple of PS5s and its sorted. Seems such a frustrating work around...I'm hoping for miracles with this new firmware

• Administrators
6 hours ago, andybtsn said:

Not yet, we are a family of 6, all gamers, consoles, tablets and such, so it's not a case of a couple of PS5s and its sorted. Seems such a frustrating work around...I'm hoping for miracles with this new firmware

It's a Netgear issue and we have let them know many times about this so I am not hopeful it'll be done soon to be honest

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's a Netgear issue and we have let them know many times about this so I am not hopeful it'll be done soon to be honest

Wish netgear would've listened more and kept up with everything would've been nice for the xr500 and xr1000 to receive dumaos 4 if it wasn't for the lack of support from their end of this! Hoping to test xr1000 beta soon to see how 3.3 will work till I can afford a r2 or r3!

On 1/16/2024 at 3:18 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It happened again just now, obviously when I'm in an online game and got disconnected,  the DHCP release has nothing to do with it clearly.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, andybtsn said:

It happened again just now, obviously when I'm in an online game and got disconnected,  the DHCP release has nothing to do with it clearly.

Not necessarily, if you grab the logs again when it happens and give me the time it happened I can better tell

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Not necessarily, if you grab the logs again when it happens and give me the time it happened I can better tell

Unfortunately, I never had them this time around, the router needed restarting as I couldn't access the GUI, upon restarting it reset itself, another common issue :)

Just to add, it’s only ever the consoles they have this disconnect. I’ve never dropped a call on Teams or notice the internet go down (I work from home so in a lot)

could QOS be something to do with it? 

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, andybtsn said:

Just to add, it’s only ever the consoles they have this disconnect. I’ve never dropped a call on Teams or notice the internet go down (I work from home so in a lot)

could QOS be something to do with it? 

Possibly, it could be the Geo-Filter causing you to be kicked potentially, try with it disabled and see if it happens