xr1000 slow downloads and uploads speed

i been having issues with the upload speed droping  down to less 5mb, after testing i decide to connect my computer straight to the modem Nighthawk® CM2000 

with out XR1000

downloads 1300-1400

uploads 30-40

as soon i connected my pc back the xr1000

downloads 800-900

uploads 30 (this will eventually go down to 5.0)

im not able to stream when this happen :(

i try  with QoS disable it dint make any diference.

any ideas? im running the lastest firmware.

image.thumb.png.5e8617b262dd9602ecc9d5409cb12f6e.png

• Administrators

The best thing to do when this happens would be to take a look at the Network Monitor and see if there is a device using the majority of the upload, if there is then you can re-enable QoS and limit that device to a set upload value

nothing was using the internet while i was testing i disconected everything ipads / mainly we use at home im the only using straight ethernet cable. my question is why the router is cutting off almost 400-500mb. compared been connected straight to the modem

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can't set above 1000Mbps for the speed as that is the max the ports support. Is it third party speedtests the upload is dropping on or just Connection Benchmark?

upload is dropping but only router wise

when i tested connecting the computer straight to the modem

same speed test website 

1400 download 

and the upload goes back to normal 40ish without router reboot (to make sure) 

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to clarify, when you're connected to the router, is it Connection Benchmark reporting low upload speeds or third party speed test sites as well?

yea franser thats correct.

that why i start testing straight to the modem (with out modem reset and the upload speed was normal and the download was 1300mbs. i understand the router wont push more them 1000mbs but is not even hitting the 1000mbs? 

• Administrators

You won't get the very max speed through a router (no matter the model) as it will be slightly reduced due to routing. What does Connection Benchmark show your upload as being when other sites show it slow or does it show the exact same speed?