WZ2 Geo-filter is acting up on me...

Hi guys so my geo filter is acting up and not letting me find a match while geo locking to the Saudi Arabia server region. I have done all the usually steps prescribed by staff in other forums like deleting game save data (I'm on PS5) / deleting the filter resync and setting it up again "manually" while the app is closed and waiting 2 minutes. My real region is Ireland, I want to try out other servers for a change. I'm not bothered about lag or anything. What I think is happening is that the game knows I'm still in Ireland because it's still showing me the closest server to me as well as the Saudi one. Is Activision on the ball with this now?  Also i've tried geo with the hybrid vnp (ports set up for cod) to nearby countrys to SA and no joy and I even went so far as the change my country on my call of duty account, no luck. XR500 is on the latest firmware, thanking you in advanced, Dan :) 

ps: on the second picture sometimes that demonware server name changes for us to eu.

1264714287_Geo-Filter-DumaOS-GoogleChrome30_12_202218_54_22.thumb.png.0d6f24efcf37fece98fb2fe52ce18185.png

440239774_Geo-Filter-DumaOS-GoogleChrome30_12_202218_54_45.thumb.png.d4341cd2ab0de292e2de699775a6cf79.png

1219454221_Geo-Filter-DumaOS-GoogleChrome30_12_202218_55_05.thumb.png.3502573e32f445cca9f64b85d250121b.png

I can force it for mp no problem, i got a guy on lfg warzone out in uae to host a match there he was able to connect us to the SA servers so that aint it chief, any other ideas? I think activision have something in play to counteract the geo search for WZ possibly.

Edit: I will try others in the morning but realistically it should be working fine...

• Administrators

Did you confirm it was definitely the SA server using the map? It's quite possible they have ping limits/prioritize people of the region, I don't think I've seen many people who have been able to force those servers but are able to force others. Best thing to do would be to try and force other servers such as in Europe and even East Coast of the US. If you can then it'll be something with that server preventing you.

when the uae guy hosted it showed on the map as connecting to SA servers as for checking the force in multiplayer i verified it by going into recent players on playstation and all of the 11 from that forced match had their main language set on their profile as Arabic (mp foce was done before playing with uae guy btw just to confirm with you). i will test US NY tomorrow morning but im not hopeful towards the result being any different.  

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MrBig1994 said:

when the uae guy hosted it showed on the map as connecting to SA servers as for checking the force in multiplayer i verified it by going into recent players on playstation and all of the 11 from that forced match had their main language set on their profile as Arabic (mp foce was done before playing with uae guy btw just to confirm with you). i will test US NY tomorrow morning but im not hopeful towards the result being any different.  

It's different when you have someone from the country hosting, it makes it a lot easier. Do keep us posted, most people don't have any trouble forcing EU/US.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 8:27 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The one in Ireland is an authentication server so that will show up regardless. It can be difficult to force servers quite far away, I would suggest trying a different one as SA doesn't always seem to be available.

This is the issue.

You won't find lobbies for SA on warzone 2 the game is very bad and most people have jumped ship to something else. Multiplayer is easy to find as people are still playing and only need 12 people.