Knighthawk R7800 AC2600 DumaOS V2.3.2.22

Yes, from what ive read the r7800 was   replaced by the XR500.

I definately have the Knighthawk R7800 AC2600 with DumaOS V2.3.2.22.

Some people have said back in the day they did beta testing with DumaOS on my router model.

20221206_205540.jpg

20221206_172821.jpg

• Administrators

Yes that's correct, prior to the XR500 it was beta tested using that model but it was never the plan to support the R7800 with DumaOS and as such no further firmware versions were made for it. Were you apart of that testing or did you buy it second hand? 

• Administrators

Ah okay, it must have been sold by one of the old testers, you won't be able to get updated firmware for it so it would probably be best to revert to the latest R7800 firmware so you have the latest security updates - the firmware you are on must be at least 4 years old

Ok, but tried to flash back to netgear fm but it wont do it it tries for a few seconds then stops. Tried to TFTP it but wont. So I must be doing something wrong as I am just a novice at this sort off thing ive read & read different ways to do it but i cant get it to switch to netgear firmware. I'm baffled. Could do with walkthru instructions step by step. Help would be appreciated been trying for weeks until i found Domaos so I thought id update this OS. Hence im here.

12 hours ago, Bunny931 said:

Ok thanks very much for your patience and help I will try that, thanks again.

There was a version knocking about which was condemned on another forum. Hopefully you have an old beta one but if not I would strongly recommend you get it back to the NG firmware as it was not a trusted version.