R2 Wifi Coverage

alex.devine

I am thinking of purchasing the R2, I have the XR500 right now but Netgear take too long to get the new versions and will never purchase another product from them.

Very poor.

Can you let me know how good the R2 wifi coverage is compared to the XR500?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, alex.devine said:

I am thinking of purchasing the R2, I have the XR500 right now but Netgear take too long to get the new versions and will never purchase another product from them.

Very poor.

Thank you.

In general, the Wi-Fi performance of the R2 will not be as good as the XR500, the hardware and drivers aren't quite as good as they are in the XR. If the coverage with the R2 isn't good enough, you can connect the XR to the R2 and put the XR in AP mode from it's settings. That will make the XR behave purely as an access point (AP) with no other settings enabled, extending the range of the R2s Wi-Fi.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

On 12/5/2022 at 10:24 AM, alex.devine said:

Very poor.

Thank you.

WiFi is poor, really. My old cheap isp modem from does it better both speed and signal and keep in mind I'm using it as Access Point directly connected to the R2

If you know a little bit of networking you could use your router as AP or if you have money to throw you could just buy an access point