My dynamic ndm setting to counter shoot-first-die-first in mw2

Chaiyoabc

Hi, 

First of all, sorry for my English. 

I have been battling back and forth for the past weeks to find the way to counter shoot-first-die-first things. I know SBMM has been a part of problem heavily which makes it really harder in this scenario. 

Let’s hear my background info first because this method could or could not work for you because it is all based on: 

- your ISP internet type and speed

- your location 

- your opponent ping

So below is my info 

- My ISP is AIS Fibre with package of 1000/1000 

- my router is netduma r2 but for some reasons, when I did the speedtest manually, it only resulted 500/400. I think my r2 cant handle such speed

- my connection method is pppoe. I try to minimize the router to make sure data packets are sent as quick as possible. so there are only my ISP router that has been put on bridge and my r2, along with Asus TUF gaming router set as Access Point for the rest of device

- my ping is always 35-50, connecting to Singapore servers from Bangkok, Thailand.

- I have been playing with crossplay turned on forcefully. Because I am on xbox and turning off crossplay would result sitting in empty lobby cause I cant find anyone. Pc players here are tryhards and sweaty. Bunch of pro players live here. So I have been experiencing with god-aim, flicking sweats while I am using my xbox controller with so called strong aim assist. 

- I am pretty decent player. My KD in previous cods are 3+. I am not bragging but just info to let you know that my sbmm is very strong. 
Vanguard KD is 3.76, MW 2019 kd is 3.23. I am 34 years old and yes my reaction gets worse every years

- Side note: I love to test things and have been trying to find a router that can actually be good at any game. No bs shoot first die first things, I have 5+ routers (Asus ax5400 tuf gaming, Asus RTac88u, mikrotik latest model, netduma r2 and tplink ax1000). Gotta tell you that there is no such things for that. Each router is good for some particular engine games. Some are not. But as for mw2, r2 and asus seems to work best based on what I am looking for. 

Ok! Now we back in the topic of how I setup my r2 

its pretty straightforward. And work best for me. Hopefully it will help some of you too

- my input bandwidth is set accordingly to Fast speed test result 500/400 (I know it was below my package of 1000/1000 which I assume my r2 cannot handle this speed, no offense ndm team. I tried with Mikrotik router and speed went 900+)

- QoS setting:

100/100 percent of bandwidth slider (Congestion Control). Set to Always option 

default bandwidth allocation (application)

Standard traffic prioritization. You can use ‘duma classified games’ default option or you can manually put ports in. Just need to make sure that there is red light working when you play the game. 

Dmz Off Upnp On

ipv6 Off 

That is pretty much it. Sounds sooooo boring and its the thing that many of you already have and still experience shoot-first-die-first right? 

Hear me out! 
The following part will be dynamic and this will torture/choke your connection!

- Always Run youtube’s any 4K video in background. You will have to saturate the qos. Making it work better for its purpose of Qos 

- in a match, you will always start off with 100/100 percent bandwidth slider UNTIL there is a particular guy(s) who keep shoot you first and you die instantly. And you are sure that that guy has lag compensation on their side

*this is moment where you choke your connection to counter that guy*

*4k vid still running in background* 

what you do now to counter above scenario is to drop the percentage of your bandwidth slider from 100/100 to 1/1 percent!! This is a part where you choke your connection. Notice that your 4k vid will start to be stuttering/buffering. You will notice that your gameplay wouldnt be affected because all traffic prioritizes on your mw2. And you would have slight little more time to counter that particular guy who won you at first match. 

Let me remind you again to only choke your connection when there is above scenario 

The reason to do this is the fact that that kind of guys are probably  players with high ping or playing with unstable wifi or 4g 5g 

for me I end up doing that for about 30-40% of a time. If there is no mainland Chinese guy with vpn, I would play with 100/100 until a match end. 

I wouldnt recommend this method to low speed package users

If you have 100/30 bandwidth. I would recommend to run video with only 2k resolution or maybe 1080p 

If you play with high speed 500+. You can try this method. 

and that’s it 

here is some of gameplay I have. Sorry for Thai commentary but it was meant for my fellow audience

@Chaiyoabc I saw your gamertag in the vid. & do remember coming across you in Vanguard many times, when I would connect to Singapore servers.

In MW2 I have my cross play turned off so I would not come across you ever. 

I am just an avg. player and my gamer tag was Brute_f0rce if you remember. 

On 11/20/2022 at 6:06 PM, dpk_ydv said:

@Chaiyoabc I saw your gamertag in the vid. & do remember coming across you in Vanguard many times, when I would connect to Singapore servers.

In MW2 I have my cross play turned off so I would not come across you ever. 

I am just an avg. player and my gamer tag was Brute_f0rce if you remember. 

Haha never expected to meet fellow from sg server here. I wish I could turn off crossplay too. Pc is soo strong in this one