How to Prioritize packets of games not in the Classified games list?

Mostwest

The question seems pretty easy to reply but where is the real situation:

I just bought the R2 but i noticed that the game i wanna play War Thunder is not in the Classified games list in order to prioritize those packets.

I do have 2-3 devices connected to the R2 and placing my Computer as Console it's just a cheap option because then everything get prioritize which is not what I'm trying to do, wich means not only game packets but other junk get prioritized aswell. And one of the other devices is a VOIP gateway

What is the solution here? Portfowarding the ports used by the game? I did already asked the game to be added in the Classified List but i'm pretty sure is not gonna be included anytime soon.

In a perfect world we would have 100% perfect control on wich software or windows services is exchanging packets with the net, but if you have a mouse software for example at some points it might try to connect to the server and gets updates. Even Basic Windows stuff even when disable will still try to exchange small packets or info.

Unless the game is not one of the list there is no way for the Router to decide which UDP packets are for gaming and wich one are for other stuff. I'm wrong? And if yes why would you have a classified game list in the first place?

• Administrators

Updates would be downloaded over the standard ports so wouldn’t be prioritised by the Games Console service. Small amounts of packets being prioritized wouldn’t negatively impact you, the effect would be imperceptible but I get your point.