Create a route to a server

JoshTheLuz

Hi, so this is completely new to me.

I dont know how it happens but im able to get either 30ms and 150ms latency to the same city im testing.

Depending on the server i test in speedtest.net i can get different results in terms of latency within the same city, is crazy i think is the route the connection takes.

As an example right now im in Lima Peru and over Santiago Chile i get as low as 30ms in speedtest.net, but if i force that area (Santiago) in GeoFilter i get 170ms in game, so my only explanation is that the connection overloops God knows how and where loosing 150ms.

So, first think i tried was Hybrid VPN, connecting my VPN (ProtonVPN) to Santiago Chile and guess what? it worked! i get 30ms in every game!

But the damn VPN is unstable and i get crazy ping spikes, it goes like 30ms then suddenly 700ms then back 30ms and so on this is because of course their servers are busy as hell.

So i thought, what if i force a route between Lima Peru and Santiago Chile? Forcing the shortest route (basically the one that the vpn takes i guess) but how?? I see "static route" section in the Duma router,.

Can somebody teach me? Like literally i dont have idea what im talking about.
This will, would, be a life changer since i have FTTH connection at home.

PS: If this isnt possible another crazy option would be to literally rent a server in Santiago Chile and run the OpenVpn Host in it to force a tunnel this will be most likely 7 to 10 euro a month so is possible also and will prevent ping spikes, right? RIGHT? 🥲😥😫

Or another vpn that doesnt have ping spikes? unlikely to exist

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would first look at changing your DNS actually which may help. Look up online for the best DNS in your area/country then change to that on the router and see if that improves it at all.

I changed to 1111 1001

nothing happened. 

then I went online and searched for some Chilean dns I tried a couple. Nothing happens 

46 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can try the static route, can't say whether it would work or not, the routing is down to your ISP so may be best to call them about this.

Do you have the IP for the server to use for the static route?

maybe i have a way, what if i use as a dns the server i get 30ms in speedtest.net? literally copy that ip address and paste it in dns override in dumaos?

i tried to use as dns the ip address of a warzone server located in santiago and my latency in game was exactly the same latency showed to ping heatmap so following this theory if i use as dns the ip of the server i get 30ms in speedtest.net i will have 30ms?

but how do i get that ip do you have any idea?

the server name is tlink located in santiago chile is the only one i get 30ms ALL THE OTHER SERVERS i get 200ms