hidemyass/pureVPN

• Administrators

Great to hear that! Unfortunately not, it's something we need to manually update and currently there is an issue with the tool with that but it is something we're working on and I brought it up in a meeting just a few days ago so I'm hopeful we'll be able to get that sorted.

so... my hybrid VPN only worked for a couple times when I got the updated .ovpn files from my VPN server hidemyass. What is the deal with the XR500 Hybrid VPN service? ARE WE GOING TO GET an update?? If not I going to flash this router. Why is it not working when I put my required devices on the (Right) side of the hybride VPN in xr500?

• Administrators

Not working in what way, it says failed or it connects but when putting the device on the right the IP doesn't change? Can you provide a screenshot of how it is setup now? Do you leave the VPN enabled all the time?

I believe that I've exhausted all remedies concerning the Hybrid VPN on my XR500. Now to go to Spectrum and try and get a new "Modem" and give them back the modem that they kind of made me take the last time I was in there. I now understand why they gave me this modem. At first, I thought that they were just trying to give me an updated modem because the one I had was too old, but now I understand.  They do not want you to be able to watch black-out games and such since those are additional paid services. Any Charter Communications Inc. modem will not work with your hybrid software. I wish I could enter my modem somehow and turn that off. Please read the attached image below.

image.png