hidemyass/pureVPN

Hey guy's...I have a XR500 and I'm wanting to install a VPN through it. I paid for a subscription to pureVPN and it connected in the Hybrid VPN section of the router, however, when I went to "where's my IP" on google; it never changed my IP. So...now I canceled pureVPN and went with HMA and now it won't even connect. Flash-my-router is saying that I can't get VPN unless my router is flashed with DD-WRT with some kind of add-on. Can someone please tell me if I'm able to get a VPN through my router so I can watch black-out games and enjoy the security...Maybe step-by-step directions or some remote support. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Did you add your device to the right hand side of the VPN page? If not then it won't have applied to the device and changed the IP. I would recommend not engaging with that kind of support as that is inaccurate and also would void your warranty. Have a look at this guide: https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087492--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-hybrid-vpn any questions let us know.

Yes Sir,

I would add it to the right side of listed devices, but when I would X out; it goes away...I never checked if it was changing my IP or not. I guess I'll have to go back to pureVPN because HMA won't even connect. Whereas pureVPN gave me a different username and password for the hybrid VPN. I can't even get support from HMA.  Is there any DumaOS remote support that I can pay for to have someone do this for me? 

Like just for testing, I have my bedroom and my computer to Vietnam. Spectrum is still playing whereas they aren't even outside of the united states so I shouldn't have spectrum. I'm trying to trick them to thinking I'm somewhere else to watch games. 

Vietnam
Vietnam

ip address.PNG

DumaOS.PNG

So...It looks like I'm connected good, but it's not hiding my public IP address. It still shows my location. Is there something else that I need to do like in settings and then Advance then "VPN service" like tunnel the IPv6 or something? I'm clueless when it comes to this.

Okay...I've deleted all of the addons and changed the status to do not VPN these and it still show my location here in Texas. My computer is connected to the XR500 and my TV in the room is wifi'd to router through ROKU device. is there a GPS ?

DumaOS.PNG

IP address.PNG

so, when I opened up hidemyass app on desktop it shows "Original IP" which I believe is Miami Florida like my router is set to. Then the new IP is Jacksonville Florida. But the question is, why does my spectrum account still show my local channels when connected to Vietnam?

hma.PNG

• Administrators

You have an IPv6 address which is why it doesn't appear changed online whereas HMA seems to be forcing you over IPv4, if you disable IPv6 then you'll see it has changed through the router as well. They will not have used the router otherwise they will have known about the VPN feature.

so I have gone into my settings and turned the auto back to disable on the IPv6 and now the IP address looks normal. When I search "where is my IP" it shows my location. When I start up the HMA app on desktop, it shows whatever the router is, but it has to have some kind of GPS because it doesn't change

so...now I'm set to Afghanistan, but it still show my "public" IP and location. That never changes. When I put devices over to the right "specifically" that just routes those devices instead of everything. That is the intention, however, if I don't add anything to those devices; they will be gone from the right when I close out and reopen. Please tell me what I have to do to have VPN through my router. Thanks

So...I am using my cell phone with "Location Services" Off to stop the GPS and I have "Cellular" Off so that way I'm going through nothing but my XR500 Router. I then change the location to numerous areas and countries, but when I go to "Where is my IP" on my iPhone it keeps giving my my same "public" IP address. There is something that is not tunneling with the DumaOS software. Can you please help me fix this issue?

• Administrators

Just to clarify, are you saying if you don't add a service then it will remove the device from the right side of the page? The IP address can cache so restart the device you're trying to VPN. Use the Advanced Setup instead of the basic setup for VPN so use the server configuration file instead and see if it works - the configs we have available are likely out of date.

Yes...In the hybrid VPN section on the right side "VPN Traffic" when you put your device there (to only traffic VPN through those devices) and  If you don't click the "ADD SERVICES" tab and add service; it will disappear when you sign back in. You probably need to fix that issue.

Now as far as using the "Advance" part of the sign on area I'm not sure what to put into the configuration. It does make since that the server data would be out dated, but it connects. That's what's confusing is that it wouldn't connect if it was out of date, right? Also where would I get this configuration data for the manual server configuration? 

• Administrators

What device/web browser are you using to access the interface as it's not a common issue that it gets removed. You would need to get the configuration file from PureVPN, then enter it into the config box. It can be outdated but still work, just not as well as an up to date config.

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to?

So...I have a Spectrum Cable Modem that was issued by them. It doesn't have a model number on it it does have a P/N-U10C135.10. Is there a way for me to enter that Spectrum modem? I access the DumaOS interface using Microsoft Edge. And as far as PureVPN, I just stayed with hidemyass HMA. I can get the config information from them Mon. Is there some configuration that I can get from the HMA website? What verbiage would I use to look for it? I did however find some .ovpn files, but how would I be able to get them to the advance "config" area in DumaOS?

ovpn files.PNG

• Administrators

Without the model number I couldn't say - does it have WiFi? If not then that's what I wanted to know really.

Make sure you're forcing a connection to the interface using HTTP rather than HTTPS - what device are you using?

In that case the configs we have are definitely out of date, all you need to do is download one of those ovpn files from the list for the server you want to connect to. Then open the file in notepad, copy the contents and then paste it into the config box on the Advanced Setup of HybridVPN and enter your HMA user/password as normal.

Yeah...There is no way for me to sign into my Spectrum "Cable MODEM"...Besides when I use the HMA-VPN app on desktop it does change my IP address and location. Therefore the DumaOS IS the culprit. I will download one of the files to test and I'll keep you updated. If it works, can we get a fix for all of the IP locations? Thanks so much for you help....

Okay...I was able to apply an .ovpn file in the config box and it connected. My public IP address never changed. And I even signed in with my cell phone with everything signed OFF but the wifi (DumaOS) and that router is blocking VPN service. Is there an update for this problem?

So...a little food for thought. Every .ovpn file I used work or it would say connected. Is there a false positive connection problem because there is no VPN through the DumaOS, right? I kind of don't want to have my router flashed so I'm hell bent on making this work. I'm pretty sure it's the DumaOS blocking the VPN and not my cable provider. Help me out...LOL!

• Administrators

If it says connected then it's almost certainly connected but if you can provide the VPN log I can double check that. Can you provide a screenshot again of how you're setting up with the devices? It will be something with that causing it not to change I would think.

Good news buddy...It worked! It only worked with the .ovpn files from my hidemyass VPN though. I had to add my cell phone to the right for it to enjoy the VPN. That's why it was never changing. It still will not change with the outdated files that y'all have on the hybrid VPN installed on the DumaOS. Is there a way I can get all of those ovpn files installed to dumaOS because that'll keep getting old to have to copy and paste all the time.

So in conclusion, we need an update adding the new updated .ovpn files with areas and so forth. Thank you for you help....