SBMM - Competitive games

Comp0za

I'm just getting frustrated all the time by modern multiplayer shooter games, every those game there is sbmm in public matches. Game companies had realised that Modern Warfare 2019 with SBMM implemented in public matches,  Activision gained more profits by it, and because of it, other companies implemented it in its own games as well. I'm just tired that I have to hunt myself in public matches, because I'm not competetive. These days, I actually play more co op games because it's more relaxing. Before Modern Warfare 2019, I played alot of shooter games but not anymore. Many steamers are using VPN on Warzone, on other games too, to get bot lobbies, it's just sad that there are no mixed lobbies, just "catalogued loobies".  Are there any multiplayer shooter games that actually don't have SBMM?

21 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

Gotta make back all that money they lost when they had to remove lootboxes.

Sad but true.

Gaming should be consumers over profit.

If they got rid of SBMM a lot more people would play and stick around like the old days IMO. My guess is the only players they are retaining now are the cod fans that play it every year no matter what and the lower skilled players with disposable cash/parents CC. Even though there's a lot less people playing than the older titles, they're still making enough money with keeping SBMM implemented. I think with MW19 they made more money thinking it was due to the SBMM but in reality the cods before that weren't great. If MW19 didn't have the SBMM it has, a lot more people would have played it resulting in more $$$ being spent

I'm thinking one of the people in charge of keeping this system of SBMM/EOMM was sick of his kid getting destroyed every match crying his ass off, or they themselves are a snowflake and hated the abuse they'd cop in the pre-game lobbies after going 5-30. Remember when the devs would talk about stomping Christmas noobs? Since MW19 the only Christmas noobs I came across were sweats playing on new accounts hoping to get into noob lobbies lol.

If they got rid of SBMM, brought back persistent lobbies so people can make friends/abuse each other etc. made OP killstreaks, kept quick scoping (..as annoying as it is) so many people would play and stick around. People having fun, talking about it a lot/spreading the word = more people buying it = more revenue

There used to be midnight launches in my town but I don't remember the last one we had for cod. No one I've spoken to has showed any interest in it over the last few years, there's no hype here vs how it was back around MW2-BO2 days every person and their dog were talking about it. I don't know if it's my age but I haven't been hyped for a cod in years as well. I still play each one (thanks to gamesharing with a friend) but I don't get excited for it.

When I play these days it's like I'm just playing mindlessly, in and out of matches thanks to the lobbies disbanding. I miss having close matches of domination and being able to vs the same people again trying to get them back, or having them talk shit then dropping a nuke having them leave etc. There's no social aspect anymore which is why so many people have just given up.

1 hour ago, johnnytran said:

If they got rid of SBMM a lot more people would play and stick around like the old days IMO.

When Scump is complaining about SBMM... you know its a real problem.

Anyways...

Couldn't agree more with the above but they are clearly seeing they are making more money with this model, hence why it won't go away.

I know what you mean about the old midnight launches... I've been to many. I remember being sick as a dog but still driving 10 miles to the nearest Game store and lining up with 100+ peeps to get Advanced Warfare.

MW19 was the last CoD I bought. CW and Vanguard I only played when they were free. I've never liked Warzone neither although I'm not a fan of BR games anyways.

Didn't think the MW2 beta was anything special neither and this is coming from a guy who's been playing CoD games since CoD4:MW.

'50,000 people used to live here... now its a ghost town'

Ahhh, the memories.