Unbricked R2

MarkonikovBR

Hi,

I have an r2 that is bricked .. I've even tried all the ways to reset and be able to access the GUI, without success, following all the steps of your team... and it hurts to keep this device stopped here, because I'm sure it's something related to a corrupted firmware update... so I wanted to know if it's possible to unbricked the r2 through this tutorial, as is done in general for tplinks and routers with openwrt... through tfpt access ...thanks ...

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It isn't possible to use TFTP with the R2, best to explain exactly the issue you're facing, no internet, no access etc, what you've done and we can go from there

Well, i explaneid all in this topic ....

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/32833-bricked-my-r2replacement/page/2/

these times I took it out of the closet and tried to access its GUI and I couldn't, I believe it is bricked by a corrupted firmware... it turns on, even flashes the wifi leds and reboots... accessing it, until it arrives entering the red screen of the deuos GUI, but nothing appears and does not go forward...

net duma bricked.jpg

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you get a replacement in the end? Where did you leave off in emails?

yes I got a replacement (currently I don't even have an r2 anymore, but an xr1000) but I was wondering if I can save this r2, I'm too sorry to just throw it in the trash

• Administrators

Is the replacement working well? As we gave you a replacement then we believe the unit to be faulty and unrecoverable. If you wish to you could send the unit back to us and we could reflash it perhaps to see if it can work again and then we could use it as one of the many units we use in the office.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Is the replacement working well? As we gave you a replacement then we believe the unit to be faulty and unrecoverable. If you wish to you could send the unit back to us and we could reflash it perhaps to see if it can work again and then we could use it as one of the many units we use in the office.

I live in Brazil, friend (including the replacement I had to pay all import taxes again,  the price of a new r2), I won't spend on shipping again lol could you teach me how I flash from here... believe me, I'm not making any financial gain with this bricked router ...

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, MarkonikovBR said:

I live in Brazil, friend (including the replacement I had to pay all import taxes again,  the price of a new r2), I won't spend on shipping again lol could you teach me how I flash from here... believe me, I'm not making any financial gain with this bricked router ...

It's only possible to flash the router in house, I would recommend either throwing it away unfortunately or selling on ebay as parts only and maybe you can recoup some of the cost