Reserved addresses not updated in device manager

Hello,

I’ve just a long time reserving IP addresses and giving specific device names to all my network items. After doing this and going into device manager, the names haven’t updated and and still have the default names and/or a load of ‘unnamed devices’ - can someone advise what the point of this service is? Or just another issue with the firmware of this router!

i want a greater control of my network and see what is doing what. This is on my xr1000

also I can’t believe there is still no firmware update to address the slowness of the apps and general usability in the dashboard. I was told to keep using my R2 over a year ago because firmware was updating to address this problem and still nothing. Never known a company like this for releases never coming to fix major issues. 

Just to add, applied all these name revisions. Rebooted the router this morning only to find a load had reverted back to their default names the router identifies as them, so I've just waited a shed load of time. I give up with this router.

• Administrators

For name changing you should do that on the Device Manager, in LAN Settings the Netgear side of things will see the names as their defaults but that is being worked on syncing with the DumaOS side as you see your device names all over the main DumaOS pages compared to settings. If reserved IPs you have set are different to the ones the devices have currently then either rebooting the devices or the router will force them to grab their new reserved IP.

You can see firmware progress here, where we update it weekly with any changes: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000132677-dumaos-firmware-progress

Generally the interface can be sped up by clearing your browser cache/cookies then once each page of the router has been loaded once it should be faster.

• 2 months later...
On 9/11/2022 at 10:20 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

For name changing you should do that on the Device Manager, in LAN Settings the Netgear side of things will see the names as their defaults but that is being worked on syncing with the DumaOS side as you see your device names all over the main DumaOS pages compared to settings. If reserved IPs you have set are different to the ones the devices have currently then either rebooting the devices or the router will force them to grab their new reserved IP.

You can see firmware progress here, where we update it weekly with any changes: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000132677-dumaos-firmware-progress

Generally the interface can be sped up by clearing your browser cache/cookies then once each page of the router has been loaded once it should be faster.

Hi Fraser, how long does the QA at Netgear take? I check the firmware progress regularly and the XR1000 has been with Netgear for what seems like ages, is there an ETA for getting this firmware out? I barely log onto the router nowadays as the slowness and apps not loading is just too frustrating. 

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, andybtsn said:

Hi Fraser, how long does the QA at Netgear take? I check the firmware progress regularly and the XR1000 has been with Netgear for what seems like ages, is there an ETA for getting this firmware out? I barely log onto the router nowadays as the slowness and apps not loading is just too frustrating. 

It can take quite awhile, if they make changes then they have to test everything, if they find an issue then that has to get fixed, then re-tested etc. They don't give out any ETAs, the best place for news is on that page, whatever we know we'll update it with.