ipv6 ps5

jame0174

The only way to get internet on my ps5 is to have ipv6 on.Is this something new because i always have it turned off.when i run a network test with it off the test says  no dns.But on my xbox serios x the test says both ipv4 and ipv6 .Is it possible i have something wrong 

After I did the reset .I  thought I bricked the router because of all the words showing up but I did as I was told and all of the words are gone now .But the only way my ps5 would go on line was to have ipv6 checked.all of my other devices  worked fine. 

• Administrators

When you turn IPv6 are you turning it off on the LAN & WAN? As I can see it's off for LAN but not WAN, if you're not then that could be the problem. It can be off and will use the default value. Can you disable IPv6 on LAN & WAN then see if it gets a connection please?

• Administrators

Okay great so that was it, if you're disabling IPv6 you'll need to do it in LAN & WAN. You don't need all the options disabled in WAN but you can do if you wish, generally would recommend having the protection options on if you're not having any issues with speed.