XR500 Setup on BT fibre

I am changing over from sky to BT, Im going onto their 'Full Fibre 100' plan, would you be able to tell me the setup process, whether for example i'd need to use their router as well as the XR500 I currently have like I do currently with sky or can full fibre be used without any other modem.

Secondly, setting etc that I'd need and if for example a reset would be a good idea before installation.

Thanks

• Administrators

You can do it like you do with Sky, you may be able to ditch the ISP modem, it depends on how that is connected through your wall, you may need a MoCA adapter to do that. A reset is recommended but not required, just once you're all set give the XR a reboot to re-establish the connection.

Thanks..

Like the sky setup, is there a username and password I'd need to set up, also the setup inside the house is like this S1-Lights-on-modem.jpg

I would hope with this that I could just connect the ethernet cable directly (via the lan under this (yellow)) to the XR500 and it all work, is that the case?

5 hours ago, madman123 said:

How u getting on with full fibre and xr500. Did everything go smoothly I'm on fttc and thinking about fttp.

Unfortunately I don't know yet as although fibre has been connected to the house fully, activation is not due until 16th Sept, I would however recommend FTTP rather than FTTC as it is far faster.

I heard if you switch over to fttp you likely be on digital Voice and have to use the hub supplied to connect your landline to.

You can't use your own modem on fttp, you have to use only bt hub as u need the DV socket on back. 

I like using my own modems as hubs keep restarting there self. 

17 hours ago, madman123 said:

I heard if you switch over to fttp you likely be on digital Voice and have to use the hub supplied to connect your landline to.

You can't use your own modem on fttp, you have to use only bt hub as u need the DV socket on back. 

I like using my own modems as hubs keep restarting there self. 

Yes, I think that's true but I'm not having a phone line installed..

One of the questions they should ask, but never did with me and I assume you too, is whether you have any vulnerable people in the house because if they do, they would refuse fttp due to that reason. 

On 9/5/2022 at 2:34 PM, madman123 said:

How u getting on with full fibre and xr500. Did everything go smoothly I'm on fttc and thinking about fttp.

All installed, easy switch.. only requirement seems to be the need to set up PPPoe with the Username: [email protected] and Password: BT

The setup does not need anything more than just the netduma itself, no need to use a modem or the BT router.