WAN IP disconnected

Bcobz

Hello I've ran into this problem a few times but this time this light doesn't even turn on (see photo) 

When the internet randomly drops I'll unplug the router and let it sit for a few minutes then replug it back in and it might work saying on the dashboard the WAN is connected and sometimes I have to hold the reset button for 30seconds. 

This time I hard reset the duma and during the set up it wouldn't detect a WAN connection. 

D135292A-AD87-4D4C-A6AF-998716030F51.jpeg

9 hours ago, Bcobz said:

Hello I've ran into this problem a few times but this time this light doesn't even turn on (see photo) 

When the internet randomly drops I'll unplug the router and let it sit for a few minutes then replug it back in and it might work saying on the dashboard the WAN is connected and sometimes I have to hold the reset button for 30seconds. 

This time I hard reset the duma and during the set up it wouldn't detect a WAN connection. 

When the problem occurs, do you have access to the DumaOS interface? If so, could you please download a copy of the log file from the three-line menu in System Information -> Logs?

Also, please go to Device Manager when this occurs, click the three-line menu in the top left of the map and switch to table view. If you could then send us a screenshot of the top table, that'd be helpful.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 2:18 AM, Netduma Liam said:

When the problem occurs, do you have access to the DumaOS interface? If so, could you please download a copy of the log file from the three-line menu in System Information -> Logs?

Also, please go to Device Manager when this occurs, click the three-line menu in the top left of the map and switch to table view. If you could then send us a screenshot of the top table, that'd be helpful.

Having to do it again. I don’t get access into the DumaOS interface. I have to restart the router till I can get a WAN detected. And just go through the set up wizard again. 

5 hours ago, Bcobz said:

Having to do it again. I don’t get access into the DumaOS interface. I have to restart the router till I can get a WAN detected. And just go through the set up wizard again. 

How are you restarting the R2? You shouldn't need to complete the setup wizard again after a reboot.

Perhaps it would be better for us to setup some remote logging, so your R2 can log errors like this to one of our servers and we can view them even if you lose access to the interface.

If you want to do that, could you please go to Network Settings -> WAN and enable remote access to tech support. Also, please disable IPv6 from both the WAN and LAN settings. Then hit save settings.

Let me know when you've done that and we should be able to access your R2 to setup the logging.