Netduma R2 / Edgemax EdgerouterX DPI sniff application/s categorize highest / FIREWALL configure for consoles etc

would it be a possibility in the future of DumaOS to where you could click on the DPI page on DUMAOS and sniff applications used by devices beside a range of ports outbound and inbound or just game console ports, but create groups of applications for high priority dropdown from 0 to 10 media socials gaming 0 being the highest 10 being the lowest priority where you open device on dpi page will automatically show on PS5 Sony Playstation CallOfDuty and Xbox click on it and add it to a group highest priority dropdown like 0 everything else could be whatever anyone selects Firewall settings would help with select ports or protocols applications inbound local outbound not saying in any way to copy and paste ubiquiti's ideas that are trademarked and copyrighted but I do enjoy a more advanced way of tinkering not just qos sliders and flower device applications I'm sure it would also costs thousands of more money and hours for R&D to develop a application sniffer in DPI for DumaOS I noticed with everything I have done on edgemax I got my ping on Bo4 ps5 from 30ms to 25ms ttk seemed to lower a bit during that game but got into a further distant server or peer what would be 60ms was 45ms steady not bouncing from 40's to 60's still was stable but NETDUMA ADMINS and mods and other netduma users can chime into my opinions of improvements or I'm just thinking over my head 🙂🙂

dp1i.JPG

dpi rule.JPG

firewall rule ps5.JPG

• Administrators

These things are certainly possible, we are currently working on the next iteration of QoS and I would say that it's pretty next level. When it is available (no ETA), give us your thoughts on it and whether you think these suggestions would still be a worthy addition and something you'd like to see and we can certainly look into it.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

These things are certainly possible, we are currently working on the next iteration of QoS and I would say that it's pretty next level. When it is available (no ETA), give us your thoughts on it and whether you think these suggestions would still be a worthy addition and something you'd like to see and we can certainly look into it.

I will Fraser 🙂🙂 will just patiently wait thank you as well with being more on you tube with the progress of updates etc to let the Netduma Community know of progress on firmwares and features

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

finally Retiring my Netduma R1 possibly selling it in a garage sell since it was just sitting in a box in my closet not being used keeping the Netduma R2 and my Netgear XR500 

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Boldshoter30 said:

finally Retiring my Netduma R1 possibly selling it in a garage sell since it was just sitting in a box in my closet not being used keeping the Netduma R2 and my Netgear XR500 

Good plan, still a good little router and someone will definitely enjoy having it while you enjoy the better hardware!

i could forsure get on board with this :) was actually looking at open wrt routers but i also love net duma so i dont think i could see myself using something else but hopefully QOS gets some love for the net duma team :)