FTTH network speed 1000/500

Erik

HI guys, Yesterday I finally activated the optical fiber in my house with 1 gbps speed. From the first tests carried out, however, the netduma struggles to reach 600 mbps. The WAN port should be 1 gbps. I noticed during the test that the CPU goes up to 100% in the next 550 Mbps, could you be the problem? With another router I easily reach 950 mbps in download and 450 in upload.

test FTTH.JPG

test FTTH 2.JPG

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sarebbe una buona idea eseguire un ripristino delle impostazioni di fabbrica in modo che il router possa configurarsi con la nuova connessione, quindi vedere se è in grado di raggiungere quelle velocità più elevate

I also tried to perform a reset but unfortunately I do not exceed 600 mb, if I use another gigabyte router I reach 900..950 mb.

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the ISP modem/router that the R2 is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the R2?

R2 is currently connected to Open Fiber's ONT. I have no other modems before him. If, on the other hand, I only connect a 7590 fritzbox as a network speed, I can easily get 950 Mb. Curiosity: if I cascade R2 after the fritzbox and connect a LAN TO LAN network cable then no connection via WAN even from R2 I get 950 MB. if I use R2 lan to lan do I lose the functionality of geo filter?

• Administrators

It would have to be Fritzbox LAN to R2 WAN, then you would get internet and you can use the Geo-Filter. It sounds like it may take a few days for the speeds to rise as you're using a new router with the connection so it can take some time, if you copy the MAC address of the Fritz and set the R2 to use that MAC address you may get higher when connected directly to the ONT.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Dovrebbe essere Fritzbox LAN su R2 WAN, quindi otterresti Internet e puoi utilizzare il Geo-Filter. Sembra che potrebbero volerci alcuni giorni prima che le velocità aumentino poiché stai utilizzando un nuovo router con la connessione, quindi potrebbe volerci del tempo, se copi l'indirizzo MAC del Fritz e imposti R2 per utilizzare quell'indirizzo MAC potresti aumentare quando sei connesso direttamente all'ONT.

if I only use the fritzbox I have no speed problems. explain me better the option mac address? I did not understand.

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Copy the Fritzbox MAC address, you can find it on the stick on the Fritzbox, then on the R2 in WAN Settings, put that as the R2 MAC address

ok I tried but as I insert it I no longer navigate with R2. because? i don't have static ip with my provider.

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

L'hai impostato nella sezione DHCP o statico? Non farlo in statico, solo per DHCP

can you kindly tell me the exact steps I need to do? if I put DHCP the netduma changes ip every time the fritzbox is restarted or am I wrong?

• Administrators

Yes that is fine, it's only a local IP, it does not make a different to your online play. Enter the MAC address of the Fritz into the MAC address part of the DHCP page in WAN Settings on the R2, that is all you need to do, apply that, reboot, wait 2 minutes then check speeds

45 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that is fine, it's only a local IP, it does not make a different to your online play. Enter the MAC address of the Fritz into the MAC address part of the DHCP page in WAN Settings on the R2, that is all you need to do, apply that, reboot, wait 2 minutes then check speeds

I ran the step by step guide and this is the result, in download I am missing 150 mb. 
I ran the step by step guide and this is the result, in download I am missing 150 mb. It almost seems like netduma doesn't want to go beyond 720-740 mb. https://eolo.speedtestcustom.com/result/3b7cef80-167d-11ed-8255-7d9fdbb4a99a

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Va bene, è meglio, stai usando QoS? Disabilita le opzioni di protezione nelle Impostazioni WAN e ciò aumenterà leggermente la velocità.

13509491798.png

Super!! THANKS FRASER! 

last question: my provider says to use VLAN ID 835, being r2 with mac of the fritzbox also active in the netduma the VLAN or do I leave it in OFF?