Netduma R2 with EE Ultrafast FTTP

AlanLJ

Hi there,

I’ve just had EE Ultrafast 900Mb FTTP installed today.

Can I plug my Netduma R2 directly into the openreach  module on the wall (picture attached) or do I need to go via the EE smart router?

When I tried the direct approach (which would be the preference) the Netduma was unable to detect an internet connection within the setup wizard. 

If someone could provide some assistance that would be greatly appreciated.

C95C8674-C063-4805-910A-3E7BA3D098E9.jpeg

• Administrators

You should be able to but I believe you would probably need to input PPPoE into the R2 to get a connection, if you're not sure if you need this/don't know the details then connect the smart router again and have a look at its internet settings

If Openreach are anything like City Fibre, you may need the VLAN ID, Username and password.

I have it working like this but having some speed issues at the moment so somone else maybe able to confirm if its the correct way to do it.

I had to ring up Vodafone to get the info - wasn't something they provide you with striaght off the bat. (They were happy to provide it tho when i rang up)

Mine goes from the small white ONT box (converts the fibre to Ethernet) on the wall to the Netduma R2.

ONT ---> Netduma R2 Wan port.

1) Network Settings > WAN General tab >  pop in the VLAN ID (ensure the toggle button on VLAN ID is toggled on) > Save General

2) Network Settings > Network > PPPoE > Enter Username and Password > Save Settings

Hopefully this is correct and helps someone :) 

Thanks both.

Yes I found the EE PPoE user and pass online and that worked. So I'm also using the same setup as yourself Yoda.

However from switching from EE smart router to Netduma my speeds are essentially halfing.

Speed test with the EE smart router gives: 918 download and 52 upload.

Speed test with the Netduma R2 gives: 517 download and 26 upload.

I've manually adjusted my bandwidth speeds on the R2 up to 950 and 150. Am i missing something else?

Apologies if this is a daft question but I can only see the MAC addresses for all of the devices connected to the EE router but not the actual router itself?

A quick google doesnt seem to help either.

EDIT: Found it buried within the technical log page. Will try that and report back.

Unfortunately no joy. Has increased to 560 down and 31 up but still no where near what im getting when i switch back to the EE smart router.

Any other suggestions?