Netduma R2 port forwarding

iTzSayMyName

I have a Netduma R2 and i have 3 questions,

1: I have a modem from my ISP that i put into bridge mode so that the Netduma R2 can do all NAT, IPS and so on, now when i log into dumaos i can see that my WAN IP and Public IP are the same. Im not sure if this is normal. Before my ISP modem was in bridge mode my WAN IP was a 192. ip and my Public ip was a normal Public ip. So im not sure if them being the same is correct or not since i have seen both options.

2. I turned the firewall on my ISP modem completely off including UPnP, if i wanna do port forwarding is it enough when i do the port forwarding on the R2 or do i also have to the same port forwarding on my ISP modem?

3. Is the firewall on the R2 good enough to turn the firewall of the ISP modem off?

6 minutes ago, iTzSayMyName said:

I have a Netduma R2 and i have 3 questions,

1: I have a modem from my ISP that i put into bridge mode so that the Netduma R2 can do all NAT, IPS and so on, now when i log into dumaos i can see that my WAN IP and Public IP are the same. Im not sure if this is normal. Before my ISP modem was in bridge mode my WAN IP was a 192. ip and my Public ip was a normal Public ip. So im not sure if them being the same is correct or not since i have seen both options.

2. I turned the firewall on my ISP modem completely off including UPnP, if i wanna do port forwarding is it enough when i do the port forwarding on the R2 or do i also have to the same port forwarding on my ISP modem?

3. Is the firewall on the R2 good enough to turn the firewall of the ISP modem off?

You might have to put the R2 in the DMZ of the ISP modem/router, then you can enter the ports in the Port Forwarding of the R2.

1 minute ago, Alex49H said:

You might have to put the R2 in the DMZ of the ISP modem/router, then you can enter the ports in the Port Forwarding of the R2.

But if my ISP modem is in bridge mode shouldnt the R2 be in full control of all networking and stuff or do i have to put the ISP modem in bridge mode and put the R2 in the DMZ option of the ISP modem? So if im understanding correctly, what you're saying is do bridge mode and DMZ?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

To answer your questions:

1. Yes that is normal, bridge mode is working correctly and you do not need to enable the DMZ on your modem
  2. You only need to do it on the R2
  3. Yes but you don't have to turn the firewall off on the modem

Just to add some more clarity, now you have enabled bridge mode you can essentially ignore the modem and any features that it has enabled/disabled as they will not interfere with your connection now. The modem is passing all traffic straight through to the R2 without interfering with it. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

To answer your questions:

1. Yes that is normal, bridge mode is working correctly and you do not need to enable the DMZ on your modem
  2. You only need to do it on the R2
  3. Yes but you don't have to turn the firewall off on the modem

Just to add some more clarity, now you have enabled bridge mode you can essentially ignore the modem and any features that it has enabled/disabled as they will not interfere with your connection now. The modem is passing all traffic straight through to the R2 without interfering with it. 

Okay perfect, Thank you for the fast answers.