Assistance Setting up Geo-Filter and Ping Heatmap for COD MW on PC

Hi All!  

I have had an XR500 for years now and never really got it to work LOL.  But I am now reaching out to everyone to get setting up my settings and get them optimized for COD MW Multiplayer only!! I don't play warzone.

I don't have the option of selecting the game from the heat map - 

image.thumb.png.1491a4fcc0bd6039021658a93a76132c.pngf

What other settings do I use for geo-filtering,  port forwarding, etc?

• Administrators

We only keep the latest CoD games on Ping Heatmap given there are so many and they generally use the same servers/have them in the same location so you could ping Vanguard and the MW servers will likely be there as well.

I would suggest you go through the Optimal Settings guides first, especially for the Geo Filter: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

Generally for the Geo-Filter we recommend 1000km radius with 0 Ping Assist but it's really up to you to find what works best for you, no need to do port forwarding, you should have an Open NAT already

thanks Fraser,

I have had the same settings laid out in the link you provided for years.  There isn't any difference from when filtering mode is on or off.  I guess my request would be to have someone share their own settings or smaller changes for seeing actual results for MW on PC.   Also, I pinged the Vanguard servers and none are green for me.   Is that normal for everyone else?  Would people who live closer to the servers theoretically have an advantage? 

image.png.ce29b5b42321b3699892266051459084.png

• Administrators

No difference in what way, your ping to the game? People who live closer would have a lower ping and could have an advantage over you yes, for PC do this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

See if it performs any better, it will also allow you to filter properly.