Possible to have variable congestion control?

Just wondering. I have noticed that at certain times of the day, access to specific servers can fall apart and it would be really helpful if I could set congestion control to limit the bandwidth even further. Perhaps based on a ping of some sort rather than a fixed bandwidth? Dunno, not really sure myself about this one, it's just a thought.

25 minutes ago, Harley said:

Congestion Control is currently based on a fixed broadband speed. But there are times when that speed can vary. Would it be possible to build in

Just wondering. I have noticed that at certain times of the day, access to specific servers can fall apart and it would be really helpful if I could set congestion control to limit the bandwidth even further. Perhaps based on a ping of some sort rather than a fixed bandwidth? Dunno, not really sure myself about this one, it's just a thought.

Interesting idea, thanks for posting it!

How much does your home connection fluctuate approximately? Of course you may see reduced speeds sometimes but that would typically be attributed to another device on the network, not the actual line rate itself slowing down.

Mine doesn't but I know someone who suffers bad fluctuations when his local exchange gets busy. It's nothing to do with other devices in his house, but other devices on his exchange, which of course is out of his control. It was just a thought that this would be a really handy feature for people who are the same as him. The router assumes the service is consistent, which of course it may not be.