Netduma R2 not connecting to internet (modem)

Bcobz

Just got off the phone with spectrum and they restarted everything and I plugged directly into the modem and was able to get internet. 

however wifi isn’t working and they said to contact the manufacturer of my router. Last time this happened I had to update the firmware but I’m up to-date (R2 3.0.394) 

im able to access  DumaOS when in incognito mode but connection tests are not even running 

This happened to my R2 this morning as well. 3.0.394 firmware.  I rebooted the modem and router.  The router received the IP from my modem, was able to see network activity, and could do a speed test, but none of my devices could get internet.  I unplugged it twice and that didn't fix it.  I rebooted it from the GUI and the internet started to work again.  Weird that a hard reboot didn't fix it. 

On 5/10/2022 at 3:02 AM, Netduma Liam said:

If you go to System Information -> Network Status, do you have a WAN IP?

Could you quickly try replacing the cable connecting the R2 to the modem, just to rule that out?

. Sorry idk why my profile wasn’t showing your reply notification. I have a WAN interface and it shows an IP.  It does Say “Disconnected” under the network status. 

Ok so what i just did fixed the issue. I unplugged everything every cable. I replugged the Duma and let it sit for a minute or two. I then plugged the modem back in and powered it on. 

BEFORE I tried, putting my old router between the modem and Duma and was able to get a wifi signal but couldn't load anything using the internet. I tried turning off IPv6 on WAN and LAN. I reset the router through DumaOS about 8 times. I rebooted both modem and router like 10 times. 

Not sure why i need to do all that but it worked. 

Let me know if there is something i can do to avoid this in the future, Thanks, 

7 hours ago, Bcobz said:

Ok so what i just did fixed the issue. I unplugged everything every cable. I replugged the Duma and let it sit for a minute or two. I then plugged the modem back in and powered it on. 

BEFORE I tried, putting my old router between the modem and Duma and was able to get a wifi signal but couldn't load anything using the internet. I tried turning off IPv6 on WAN and LAN. I reset the router through DumaOS about 8 times. I rebooted both modem and router like 10 times. 

Not sure why i need to do all that but it worked. 

Let me know if there is something i can do to avoid this in the future, Thanks, 

OK, I'm not sure either why it would've required all of that to get a connection but it certainly seems like a one-off. Well done.

If you do have any further issues please give us a shout.