Headset and mic for recording chat

bagsta69

Hi y'all, After actually managing to get my hands on a PS5 a few months ago I discovered the the lack of optical connection meant I would have to change my headset. So long story short I went for the Steelseries arctic 7P, Brilliant headset but would not do any sound to Elgato. So I have invested in an Astro 40 plus mix amp. Works a treat and deserves a review which may come later but....... Struggling with settings to get the mic chat sounds to go in to the stream. Watched and tried many settings from YouTube videos to no avail. I do have a chat link pro cable but was lead to understand that it was not needed so anybody got this set up that could give me any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Peace out y'all, Bagsta. xx

8 hours ago, bagsta69 said:

Hi y'all, After actually managing to get my hands on a PS5 a few months ago I discovered the the lack of optical connection meant I would have to change my headset. So long story short I went for the Steelseries arctic 7P, Brilliant headset but would not do any sound to Elgato. So I have invested in an Astro 40 plus mix amp. Works a treat and deserves a review which may come later but....... Struggling with settings to get the mic chat sounds to go in to the stream. Watched and tried many settings from YouTube videos to no avail. I do have a chat link pro cable but was lead to understand that it was not needed so anybody got this set up that could give me any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Peace out y'all, Bagsta. xx

Nice, I've had an Arctis headset for a good couple of years now and I really can't complain, first headset I've found that doesn't hurt my ears after a few hours.

I remember looking into this same problem a while back and ultimately decided that without investing a fair amount of money into audio equipment, the best solution is just another mic connected to your PC for your voice, then the chat link can handle your party chat/game audio.

Not very elegant, but it works.