Cold war - Geolocater suddenly not working

Nuschler22

Usually, I have it set to under 35 ms and it works fine on Cold War.  I live less than 30 ms from dedicated servers which I usually connect with fine.

Suddenly, it doesn't work at all and I'm getting into games with 60 plus ms latency and it keeps searching up above 90 ms, which I stop and restart the search. It shouldn't be a cold war server issue because it just wouldn't find matches. 

When it's working, it doesn't go above 44 ms for searching and precludes anything about about 40 or so (unable to join message) which is exactly what I want. 

Strict search on, fast off. Flushed and resynced cloud.  The PS5 has been turned off and restarted started several times. 

It seems a lot of issues occur when I use the DumaOS phone app but rectify when I use the browser. This hasn't fixed the issue though. 

It's the XR500 router. 

Any ideas? 

• Administrators

It is quite possible they've taken some servers offline, it usually happens when the CoD games surpass a certain age. To double check though, instead of using Ping Assist use the radius/polygon instead to force the closest servers, does the issue still occur?

Yes. 

I have three servers very close to me, and I've used circle, polygon, etc.  I'm just switched from polygon mode to circle mode with the servers inside it.  Sometimes it stays within the area, sometimes it doesn't.  The servers always appear up, though, and I can connect to them from time to time.  I know they're working because they've been there since the start of the game, and I connect often (it shows dedicated on the connection).

When it's working, the "searching for games" notification in CoD stays at a certain level, usually 43ms or less. Suddenly, I see it spike to 90ms for what appears to be no reason and I'm connecting to people across the country with fast search off and strict on.

I don't mind waiting for the games.