XR500 drops all connections until I restart

Every 2 - 3 months roughly, my Netduma XR500 will drop all connections (both wired and wireless) and can not be restored unless I restart the XR500. I originally thought it was my internet dropping out but as i have my Virgin Media router in router mode, this allows me to connect to this to test the internet connection. 

Because I restart the router, I obviously cant pull any logs. 

Is there anything else I can be doing to prevent this? I have my DHCP range starting at .50 to try and remedy this but doesn't seem to have achieved anything. 

• Administrators

Did you assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range? If not then changing the range value won't do anything on its own. Set the reservations as mentioned then, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

Thanks, I do have some devices with a reserved IP < .50 but my PC and mobile aren't reserved and these are the 2 devices that I have seen lose connection during this outage. To get around this bug, is it advisable to reserve an IP for all devices?

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, DanologyUK said:

Thanks, I do have some devices with a reserved IP < .50 but my PC and mobile aren't reserved and these are the 2 devices that I have seen lose connection during this outage. To get around this bug, is it advisable to reserve an IP for all devices?

That would be my recommendation yes, especially as you need to reboot to regain connectivity