Geo-Filter stopped working

Recently my geo-filter stopped working when I’m trying to use it on Rainbow Six Siege (PS4) I never used to have any problems, but I’ve tried hard restarting my console, removing my console/device from the filtering section and flushing the cloud. I proceeded to add the device back and starting the game up, but my data center remains North/West Europe (as I am on EU servers) I was wondering if the PlayStation’s DNS settings could play a part in this, or will it be the game itself? I also resorted to factory resetting my XR500, but had no luck there either. I am currently on V2.3.2.130 for my XR500. Any help would be appreciated and I’m happy to share my current DNS settings or whatever may be required to potentially resolve the problem, thank you. 

• Administrators

The Geo-Filter doesn't change or trick your geographical location so if they're using your IP to check your location then it will always show EU as the region but you can still use the Geo-Filter to switch between servers in the region.

Yes, I understand that, but I want to try and play completely different server, isn’t that somewhat the point of the geo-filter? I don’t see how it’s not working now, but I used to be able to play on whatever server I wanted. Please explain to me how I can fix this. I sometimes play East US or South Africa North solo and I can’t queue alone anymore. Please just tell me how to play these servers again, I want to avoid EU at the moment

• Administrators

If the Geo-Filter isn't dictating the region like it did before then it's unlikely something we can fix, as above, if they're using your IP to set your region then the only way around that is to use a VPN to actually change the geographical region. The Geo-Filter purpose is to get close servers not super far servers that will give you a high ping so that part may not always going to work as smoothly.

No, neither of them worked (tried them all) I know it’s not an issue with Rainbow Six Siege in particular, as I was able to do what I described on multiple games, even Cod: Modern Warfare. It was as although I had a VPN within the Geo-Filter feature itself, because whenever I put the point on whatever location I wanted, it allowed me to play on that server in that exact region.

I don’t know how this has abruptly changed, but it’s kind if annoying that you’re saying that I require a VPN now in order to achieve the exact same thing. How do I get the VPN to even work on the XR500? I see there’s a VPN section (I’m on Mac btw) whilst logged into DumaOS, but when I click on it, it just downloads random stuff and doesn’t even direct me to anything. 

Additionally, do you mean to tell me you’ve never had any reports of players that were able to achieve the same thing with their geo-filter feature? Clearly you guys changed something and that’s why it doesn’t work anymore. 

• Administrators

If the same functionality works on other games and you haven't changed anything, so the Geo-Filter is active prior to launching the game and suddenly RB6 doesn't work how you used it before that would indicate that it's on the game side. The purpose of the router is not to force servers the other side of the world, what is your usecase for doing that? It can work but as it's not designed for that purpose and when you do that you can go up against extra things on the game side such as max ping limit it becomes harder.

HybridVPN would be what you would want to use so you could apply a VPN specific to your gaming device. We don't have many RB6 players or at least very few who post about it. The only things we do remotely are cloud based things such as updating Ping Heatmap, Geo-Filter servers like whitelisting, moving to correct location etc, it is unlikely that this would have changed anything. 

I ping 80-90 on East US and that’s perfectly playable for me, so that’s basically why I did it, but I understand. I’m not entirely dissatisfied. I still appreciate the fact that I can avoid certain EU servers, so it’s not all bad. Nonetheless, thank you for your patience and explaining everything. Appreciate it.