High pingheatmap

Kwee

I've notice for awhile I have this high ping server in CA always in the 40-50ms range and I live less then 200miles from this server. What's the reason for this server always being so much higher then the others? awhile back this was a 14ms server. Every time I connect to that server in warzone it's 15-30ms and never showing what ping heatmap is displaying. Is this just a false negative from ping heatmap I'm seeing>?  

Also still having long wait times to join a BR match. I can still join other modes within a few seconds. I've waited over 15 minutes just to join a solo match on BR. Will this issue ever be fixed with a firmware/update? I almost wanna try a different router because this is making it very limited on what game modes you can choose on Warzone. When I turn geo filter off I can join a match within 1-2 minutes it's just hit or miss on the ping using this method. 

Capture.PNG

• Administrators

It's very likely a mislocated server on Heatmap but if you're not seeing that on the Geo-Filter then it only seems to be incorrect there. We've had a few reports about that and it's only people on the West Coast seeing it - I don't think it is anything to do with DumaOS as others are having the same issue with the Geo-Filter off or another router - it keeps connecting them to the East Coast.

• Administrators

It really depends if the server was under load at the time or if you were experiencing local congestion, given the other two are the same as before it's almost certainly server load and not something on your side. 

That server within your radius looks to be an authentication server and it does look like it's trying to force you on the East Coast as well as others.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Kwee said:

The ping on heatmap is normal again. showing 16-17ms, what's the reason it's forcing me to a east coast server instead of west?

All we can do is speculate that they have taken servers offline on the West Coast for some reason for that specific playlist, perhaps the population of the playlist has seriously dropped and it's saving them money or they're under maintenance, could be anything really.