Ping Under Load

Harley

Can someone explain this to me?

I seem to be getting a really bad figure for PUL during uploads. But what I can't see is the test parameters. What upload? How fast is the upload. Why should the ping be bad? Is this a fault of the router ( not configured correctly ) or the ISP. And how do I improve this?

• Administrators

We're still improving upon the results for Benchmark on the XR routers so you can take that with a pinch of salt really. In the meantime a good alternative would be to follow this guide while saturating the connection with streams, downloads etc and try different percentages on Congestion Control (set to Always) and see what brings down the ping as much as possible.

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

Ah I get it. Yes. I understand now. Really, this is clever stuff. I have been testing my new broadband and noticed the ping collapsed on uploads. This I guess you would call bufferbloat. By fiddling about with the congestion control I managed to get it from D to A+. Yay! This is awesome! Well done you guys!