Netduma R2 issues

x12Tyler

Just got me another netduma r2 and on my pc it won’t let me search anything through my internet browsers, I was going to first try to install the updated firmware but all it does it spin like it’s loading and never does.

I think I was able to get it to start working by following the instructions on google that said Go to Device Manager > Network Adapters, select Wifi adapter, then Power Management tab, clear the check box to "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save energy." 

is 3.0.394 still the most recent firmware version?

• Administrators

Yes that's the latest firmware currently, I'd suggest giving it a factory reset - it won't have been reset yet so there may be some old low level code from the version it was on prior to being flashed causing issues that a reset would resolve.

Idk what to do for it, I restored my pc to the 10th searched the web and can’t find anything. It’s literally only my pc, my sons and all other devices work fine and this is the second r2 to act on his way on mine.

4 hours ago, x12Tyler said:

Idk what to do for it, I restored my pc to the 10th searched the web and can’t find anything. It’s literally only my pc, my sons and all other devices work fine and this is the second r2 to act on his way on mine.

How’s your PC connected to the router?

Hardwired, I think I fixed it though although it makes no sense. What I did was go into the Ethernet properties and unchecked internet protocol version 6(tcp/ipv6) after everything started loading like it should. But that option is enabled on my sons pc and it didn’t have any issues. What could be causing this? I’ve used the xr500 and XR1000 and had no issues like this but both my r2’s have been like this.

• Administrators

Well done on fixing it, I've actually had that happen once before but usually it is fine, I'm not exactly why it's occurring - perhaps the PC preferring an IPv6 connection in which case it makes sense you wouldn't be able to access the IPv4 LAN IP of the router. Based on your posts you don't have an IPv6 public address so you can keep that disabled and you're not missing out.