COD Cold War Friends Joining

Friends have a difficult time joining me.  This has been issue for a while, and have tried different things to resolve it.  I always assumed that it was a game related issue, so I am reaching out to see if others have this issue too?  

Basics:  PS5 wired to R2 with latest .394 firmware, COD Cold War Multiplayer, Cross Play enabled, Geo Filter around California & parts of Arizona, Strict Mode & Auto Ping Host with ping assist at 40ms.  

Pre-grame: With the PS5 off and Geo-Filter enabled, I turn on the PS5 and start Cold War.   I always have the party setting to "OPEN".  I have an open NAT.  Once on-line and the game settles (about 1-3 minutes), I disable Geo Filter and send out game invites. 

Invites:  The first person usually takes a while to join the party.  I often go into a "custom game" mode which sometimes allows others to join.   Once I have the first friend in the lobby, it easier for other friends to join off the friend in the lobby than join on me.  I have this same issue whether the friends are located in or outside the geo filter areas.  The issue seems independent of platform (PS, XBOX or PC).  

Tests:  My PS friends are added as PS and Activision friends.  I close the Cold War app and start the process over again.  After playing a few games and the we cannot get another friend cannot join after some time.  We usually all have to close app and start over again.

To make matters worse, I often show as "offline" within the Cold War game but show as online when use the PS5 menu.  Therefore, they often have to join off invites.

Assumption:  I assume that the issues are a game related issue and not an R2 issue. 

Question:  Are others have the same issues?  Are there any possibles fixes or things that will aid in friends joing?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try booting the game with the Geo-Filter disabled and keep it disabled throughout and see if you have the issue again

That is a good suggestion.  I have intentionally tried and unintentionally (forgot to turn it on) with Geo Filter disabled when the game started.   It does not seem to help.

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could be a crossplay issue - do you see the same issues if you just try to invite/play with those on the PS5?

Yes, I have the same problem with PS4 & PS5 players with or without cross play enabled.