Keeping My Netgear X1000

On 2/2/2022 at 2:02 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Like this:

Modem -> Zen Router -> VOIP phone system
                                      -> XR1000 -> Connected Devices 

Hello m from Australia I recently seen your post in the Netduma forum about  how you  got your phone working by  plugging the ISP's router into one of the Netdumas Lan ports , turned the WIFI off on the ISP's router and the phone worked fine. 

I am currently with telstra I have the Telstra Gen 3  modem which supports VoIP for my home phone. I would like to use my Netduma R2 but it does not have socket to connect a VoIP phone. I would really appreciate it if you could let. Me. No how I could connect the Telstra Gen 3 modem and the Netduma Modem together so I can have my VoIP working fine and also have the.Netduma R2 as my main Modem which has Dumoas for my online gaming. If you could help me out on this I would really appreciate it. 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Bund1984 said:

Hello m from Australia I recently seen your post in the Netduma forum about  how you  got your phone working by  plugging the ISP's router into one of the Netdumas Lan ports , turned the WIFI off on the ISP's router and the phone worked fine. 

I am currently with telstra I have the Telstra Gen 3  modem which supports VoIP for my home phone. I would like to use my Netduma R2 but it does not have socket to connect a VoIP phone. I would really appreciate it if you could let. Me. No how I could connect the Telstra Gen 3 modem and the Netduma Modem together so I can have my VoIP working fine and also have the.Netduma R2 as my main Modem which has Dumoas for my online gaming. If you could help me out on this I would really appreciate it. 

If VoIP isn't using an RJ45/ethernet connector then you won't be able to connect it to the R2, you'd need to still connect that to the modem. Then just disable WiFi on the modem and have everything else other than VoIP using the R2.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Bund1984 said:

Do I have to disable UPnP on my Telstra modem?

Also do I have to change DHCP, IP ADDRESS or anything else on the telstra modem

No you don't have to change any of that but it would be a good idea to enter the WAN IP of the R2 (found on the System Information page) in the DMZ on the modem, this will ensure you can continue to get an Open NAT/prevent a double NAT.