AP Setup

Etherealize

Hi I have a UniFi Access Point and I’m just wondering which port to connect it to as I also have a switch connected to the R2. My set up goes Modem-R2-Switch-UniFi AP. Is it better to connect the AP to the R2 rather than the switch for the benefit of QOS or does it not make any difference as the switch is transparent? Thanks in advance. 

At the moment I have the port priority set to low which the AP is connected to. I’m concerned that the QOS settings on the switch will override the Netduma or confuse it. Which I why I’m thinking it might be better to connect the AP directly to the Netduma. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Etherealize said:

At the moment I have the port priority set to low which the AP is connected to. I’m concerned that the QOS settings on the switch will override the Netduma or confuse it. Which I why I’m thinking it might be better to connect the AP directly to the Netduma. Thanks. 

Do you have any other devices or is the AP just connected to the switch? 
If the AP is the only device connected then I would plug that directly into the R2 as it’s handling the WiFi. 

I’ve got a few other devices connected to the switch. Apple TV, Sky Q mini, DVD Player, AV Amp and Smart TV. Would I still be best putting in the AP in the R2? All my gaming devices are connected to the R2. Thanks i appreciate the advice.

• 2 weeks later...