Netduma with Sky ultra fast

Coxey70

Morning guys before I take the plunge and buy a netduma thought I’d better ask 1. if it will work with my setup and 2. will it actually fix the problem I’m having. 

So the problem playing COD vanguard on a PS5 in the evening especially I’m suffering terrible lag just like been on dial up. It’s making the game unplayable. 
My setup is internet provider Sky ultrafast+ I’m getting 500mb/s to it because my router is downstairs and my PS5 in the bedroom I’m using a TP Link av2000 so connect will be less I know. 
I seem to connect to lobbies with French and German players so will the netduma help on that front. I’ve been on the Sky forums and the thought there is it’s the game servers causing the lag that’s why I thought the netduma would help me get a more local connection and hopefully that would help the lag issues?? But will it work with Sky ultrafast and how do you set it up? 

Cheers guys. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes it will work with the Sky hub and if you don't want to use the hub then you may be able to get it connected by following this guide: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/32036-netduma-r2-with-sky-dhcp-option-61/

You would be able to force the UK server so you would have less ping and more likely to have English players, though you can't influence who joins the servers so you may find some EU players in there but you should have the advantage. 

What is the in game ping you're seeing when you're getting this lag? If you do a speed test around the time where you get this lag has it lowered severely and what does the ping say there?

Hi Fraser thanks for the reply I’ll try it later although I did notice last night the PS5 had defaulted to Wi-Fi even though I had the power line adapter connect so maybe an issue there but I was thinking of getting a netduma anyway. Any plans for a R3 anytime soon hate to make a purchase and a new versions just round the corner. 

• Administrators

You're welcome! Power line adapters are not ideal as they do rely on the wiring in your home to carry the connection, if you have an older home for example it may not be too stable, in which case it may have briefly disconnected and caused the console to switch to WiFi. 

Right now we're just focused on improving the software as much as possible so you'll be safe with the R2!