High ping, bad game

RD111

Hi Guys,

I've been experiencing continuous increasing lag whilst playing COD MW/Warzone. It never used to be so bad, but now it's getting worse. I feel as though everything is slightly more laggy since the update, and I'm losing fights I really shouldn't be losing. Kill cams show a different scene as to what happened, for example, I've shot at a guy first and he's killed me but in the kill cam it's clear that he was shooting before me.

Other 'symptoms' are regular hit-markers/weak feeling guns but when people shoot me it's a lazerbeam and quick death.

Platform: PS4

Connection: Wired (2m cat-8 Ethernet)

Avg Download Speed: 170mbps 

Avg Upload Speed: 17mbps

Avg Ping ingame: 60-90ms

Router: Virgin Media Hub 3.0

I have also port-forwarded.

I was shopping around for better router and was literally just about to buy the ASUS ROG Rapture at nearly £400 (~$550), when I found this website.

So my question.. is this Netduma R2 router really worth it? I seen a YouTube video whereby the guy claimed to get better lobby's etc.. 

Thanks,

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure what server you're connecting to but it can't be in the UK unless perhaps you're in quite a remote part of Scotland but the router would help to ensure you play on the UK server every time for the best connection, as well as use QoS to ensure local congestion doesn't cause you to lag. Of course I am biased but I do believe it would help you.

Is Upnp on or off? that may cause issues if upnp is off. For cod port forwarding isnt really worth it unless your NAT type is closed or something. If youre playing to close server your ping should be better than 60-90 i would think. I dont live in UK though so Fraser can shine more light on that