R2 DumaOS settings - Geo-Filter, Nat Type, Cloud ReSync, Nat Type and Device Naming

Ijb89

@Ijb89 Thanks for the detail and the diagrams, that makes things a lot easier for us! 

We are all based in the UK here, but I'm afraid I'm not with Sky and to my knowledge, I don't believer Fraser is either, though I'm not entirely sure.

If I understand the diagrams correctly, the easiest solution to the problem of the Sky boxes losing connection would be to connect the Sky Q Box to the Sky router instead of the R2.

However, that goes against your goal of having more of the network controlled by the R2.

The best solution unfortunately involves investing in one or two more access points and connecting these to the R2. This would give the R2s Wi-Fi full coverage of the property and then allow you to switch devices over to the R2 Wi-Fi. That should then alleviate the issues that the Sky boxs are having with communicating too, as they're all on the same network.

21 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

@Ijb89 Thanks for the detail and the diagrams, that makes things a lot easier for us! 

We are all based in the UK here, but I'm afraid I'm not with Sky and to my knowledge, I don't believer Fraser is either, though I'm not entirely sure.

If I understand the diagrams correctly, the easiest solution to the problem of the Sky boxes losing connection would be to connect the Sky Q Box to the Sky router instead of the R2.

However, that goes against your goal of having more of the network controlled by the R2.

The best solution unfortunately involves investing in one or two more access points and connecting these to the R2. This would give the R2s Wi-Fi full coverage of the property and then allow you to switch devices over to the R2 Wi-Fi. That should then alleviate the issues that the Sky boxs are having with communicating too, as they're all on the same network.

Noted. I have Sky coming out on Monday and will see what they say, but I've just found out my contract with them is up so I may be moving. Out of interest, is your ISP OK with you using an aftermarket router rather than their own, or do you have your ISP's router changed into Modem mode?

1 hour ago, Ijb89 said:

Noted. I have Sky coming out on Monday and will see what they say, but I've just found out my contract with them is up so I may be moving. Out of interest, is your ISP OK with you using an aftermarket router rather than their own, or do you have your ISP's router changed into Modem mode?

Ah OK - sure thing.

Yeah they can't tell you whether you can use an aftermarket router or not, however if you're having issues and report it to the ISP they will always blame any aftermarket equipment before their own.

My R2 is currently in the modem/router DMZ with Wi-Fi disabled as there isn't a specific modem mode.