DUMAOS on fixed wireless nbn

Hey, so I’m about to buy the nighthawk xr1000

main reason is because Telstra won’t allow me to get the dumaos via the game optimiser plan because our nbn *fixed wireless* is not “Compatible“ With the software, I’m just wondering if I’ll have issues with the router because Of my nbn? Any answers would be great before I fork out 600$ on a router, cheers 

23 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

The XR1000 will work great in your network, don't worry.

I believe the compatibility issue will likely be because of the specific modem you're using, though I can't say for sure.

They said my modem was completely compatible BUT, they said “your nbn plan does not have the current Technology needed for this plan, was a little confused as I thought the nbn being fixed wireless wouldn’t have anything to do with the software on the modem but I don’t know much haha, Glad to know the router will work with it though! Definitely hoping the QoS will help with the insane ping spikes while gaming👍

9 minutes ago, jaydens said:

They said my modem was completely compatible BUT, they said “your nbn plan does not have the current Technology needed for this plan, was a little confused as I thought the nbn being fixed wireless wouldn’t have anything to do with the software on the modem but I don’t know much haha, Glad to know the router will work with it though! Definitely hoping the QoS will help with the insane ping spikes while gaming👍

Understood, well I'm sure you'll love the XR1000, let us know if you have any further questions!

Hi @jaydens

Apologies for you missing out on DumaOS on the Telstra Smart Modem.  The reason we dont offer Game Optimiser on Fixed Wireless is that in order for traffic prioritisation to be really effective, we need to configure an accurate maximum line speed.  And because fixed wireless access can be quite variable day to day with environment changes, the only way to reliably prioritise the traffic is by setting a lower bandwidth setting than the maximum, which reduces the overall achievable speed on the connection.  Which we didnt want to do for our customers.