DOES ANYBODY PLAY NBA2k?

Korrabear

I am usually about 18 ping on the east coast server even tho i live outside of chicago...  my send rate is usually like 15 kbps and my receive rate is usually like 35kbps... i constantly and having issues with this game

• Administrators

That's a pretty good ping but the rates are kind of low but there is nothing you can do about that on your side, have you tried forcing different servers even if they're slightly higher ping to see if they play better? You'll need to put Ping Assist to 0 if you want to force.

Honestly i had to unplug my R2 router for everytime i use it i get double nat... i have put the wan ip into the dmz of my isp modem and still always get double restricted nat... there are only 2 servers in the game that i ever connected to and both had lag issues... for my netduma router is just a waste for i cannot get it to work correctly

• Administrators

There may be something on the ISP modem restricting it then - do you get a double or strict NAT direct to the modem? If there aren't any more servers than that there isn't anything we can do really. I'd recommend experimenting with QoS though, some people think throttling the speeds gives a better connection.

Hi man thanks for the help sorry about the sour attitude very frustrated.. when i connect using isp modem i have open nat when i plug net duma in i get double restricted nat... i can get it to open sometimes but it just goes back to the double strict nat type a few hours later

• Administrators

No worries! Was it the WAN IP from the System Information page you were putting in the DMZ? If that gets you open which it should then you'll need to set that as a static IP on the modem so it doesn't change and give you a strict NAT.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Korrabear said:

yes that was the wan ip i entered. the second part about a static ip i dont follow..  i dont know what a static ip is or which one to assign where?

In LAN Settings on the modem, the R2 will have an IP shown there, reserve that IP or make it static on the modem, it should be easy to follow once you're on that page.

• 4 months later...

Does the geofilter just work no matter what or do the games have to support it cause I wanna Put a box around the servers general location to see if I get better connection I’m really delayed on my shots I love The nerd ima for warzone I’m having great results but my 2k life is suffering now any idea of what settings I should run 

Edited by Kazeadonis
Adding more info

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Kazeadonis said:

Does the geofilter just work no matter what or do the games have to support it cause I wanna Put a box around the servers general location to see if I get better connection I’m really delayed on my shots I love The nerd ima for warzone I’m having great results but my 2k life is suffering now any idea of what settings I should run 

It is capable of working with nearly any game, some it'll work right away, others will need some cloud updates from us to get it working. Same kind of settings, have a radius of 1000km around your location and see how you get on with that.

35 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It is capable of working with nearly any game, some it'll work right away, others will need some cloud updates from us to get it working. Same kind of settings, have a radius of 1000km around your location and see how you get on with that.

Thanks for such a quick response is there anyway the ping heat map can show me where the servers might be or anyway I can Find them using the netduma or any other source I play On console 

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Kazeadonis said:

Thanks for such a quick response is there anyway the ping heat map can show me where the servers might be or anyway I can Find them using the netduma or any other source I play On console 

You're welcome! Not on Ping Heatmap unless we add it first. Some games when you boot them up for the first time will ping all the servers and they will be shown on the Geo-Filter Map (like CoD), try that and see if they appear so you can see where you want to force them. Otherwise you would have to look up online and see if it is mentioned where their servers are.