Feedback, & Suggestion's List

Well here is a little something I have put together, I am sure some of it has already been brought up. However I don't have the time to read every thread, or post. So here is some of the stuff I have come up with, and hopefully some of it will be useful in the near future. Anyways here we go with what I have wrote down so far.

HOST FILTERING:

1. Being able to reset, selected devices.
2. Setting your home location, and saving it. So even when you open the R1's gui at a later time, it is still at your set location.
3. Better zoom on geo filter map.
4. For the US map, it would be nice to have a outline for every state.
5. Some kind of allow list, that on your geo filter map gives the player's you have allowed, there own set color. So it will be easy to know, who's who a little better.
6. This doesn't exactly belong for the host filtering section alone. But when you highlight a button, with your mouse cursor. It should tell you what the button is, as this is very helpful for the more simple users.

CONGESTION CONTROL:

Device Prioritisation(The Flower)
1. Instead of dragging each device to a set priority number, being able to click on the circle with a number for each device, and being able to manually enter a number for such device. This isn't a must right now, but in my honest opinion, this could help keep things a bit simpler for users.
2. As of right now on the flower for me. it shows I have 8 device's, with 13 for all. So if you take math into this, 8x13=104. So looking at it that way, the flower isn't using a max of 100 between all devices within the flower. So to me this is a bit confusing, as I look at the flower, like a pie. With the total amount of the pie being 100 max.

HOST ANALYSIS:

1. If this is something exclusive to pc games for now, it need's to be stated within it somehow. Either change the host analysis to pc host analysis, or once someone click's on the host analysis, state inside only used for pc games/gaming.

DEVICE MANAGER:

1. Under the "Edit" button of device manager, you have "Local Devices". For me, right now it shows 8 device's. Only two of them are wired active to it. But I can't delete any of the other 6, as it says they're active, yet they have a dormant status. So this need's fixing, as I have inactive device's I can't remove currently.

Settings<->Wifi

1. Option to hide SSID for wifi boardcasting. As this is an option with most router's, and some people do like to use this feature.
2. Channel width option, for 20/40mhz. 99% of time only 20mhz will be of use on the 2.4ghz band. As to much neighboring interference, when using 40mhz channel width.

Settings<->DHCP

1. Add option for user dns servers to be used. Should be option for 2 user inputted dns servers, as isp assigned dns servers aren't always the best, and need changing at times.

OTHERS:

1. Add option to factory default reset the router, from within the firmware.
2. Activate the reset button on the R1, so you can reset/factory reset the router this way as well.

Well here is a little something I have put together, I am sure some of it has already been brought up. However I don't have the time to read every thread, or post. So here is some of the stuff I have come up with, and hopefully some of it will be useful in the near future. Anyways here we go with what I have wrote down so far.

HOST FILTERING:

1. Being able to reset, selected devices.
2. Setting your home location, and saving it. So even when you open the R1's gui at a later time, it is still at your set location.
3. Better zoom on geo filter map.
4. For the US map, it would be nice to have a outline for every state.
5. Some kind of allow list, that on your geo filter map gives the player's you have allowed, there own set color. So it will be easy to know, who's who a little better.
6. This doesn't exactly belong for the host filtering section alone. But when you highlight a button, with your mouse cursor. It should tell you what the button is, as this is very helpful for the more simple users.

CONGESTION CONTROL:

Device Prioritisation(The Flower)
1. Instead of dragging each device to a set priority number, being able to click on the circle with a number for each device, and being able to manually enter a number for such device. This isn't a must right now, but in my honest opinion, this could help keep things a bit simpler for users.
2. As of right now on the flower for me. it shows I have 8 device's, with 13 for all. So if you take math into this, 8x13=104. So looking at it that way, the flower isn't using a max of 100 between all devices within the flower. So to me this is a bit confusing, as I look at the flower, like a pie. With the total amount of the pie being 100 max.

HOST ANALYSIS:

1. If this is something exclusive to pc games for now, it need's to be stated within it somehow. Either change the host analysis to pc host analysis, or once someone click's on the host analysis, state inside only used for pc games/gaming.

DEVICE MANAGER:

1. Under the "Edit" button of device manager, you have "Local Devices". For me, right now it shows 8 device's. Only two of them are wired active to it. But I can't delete any of the other 6, as it says they're active, yet they have a dormant status. So this need's fixing, as I have inactive device's I can't remove currently.

Settings<->Wifi

1. Option to hide SSID for wifi boardcasting. As this is an option with most router's, and some people do like to use this feature.
2. Channel width option, for 20/40mhz. 99% of time only 20mhz will be of use on the 2.4ghz band. As to much neighboring interference, when using 40mhz channel width.

Settings<->DHCP

1. Add option for user dns servers to be used. Should be option for 2 user inputted dns servers, as isp assigned dns servers aren't always the best, and need changing at times.

OTHERS:

1. Add option to factory default reset the router, from within the firmware.
2. Activate the reset button on the R1, so you can reset/factory reset the router this way as well.

I like this list.  Some of my concerns are noted here.  I was wondering if the reset buttons works.  I'm assuming its not because I don't get a beep or flashing of LED's of some sort to indicate that the router has reset its self.

The reset button is currently non-working on the R1. So using it, does nothing as of right now. 

Iain was saying using this button makes the router try to boot from ethernet, which just fails...

But yeah it would be nice to have a reset to default (netduma)

So I've got my r1 all set up had a few games on aw and wow can't believe how fast I can drop people its gonna take some time to get used to not emptying half my mag to get a kill I live in South Yorkshire been easily finding lobbies with the filter set at 180 kms haven't had any wtf moments so far thank you netduma for a great piece of kit making me actually want to play cod again instead of rage quitting every other game

Archived